Better than you

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tonights noodle, just a quick trip hop inspired exploration of some piano chords.

• Whenever I hear one of your tracks, I wonder how my own head is wired. I've been composing music for almost 40 years but I've never come up with something as original and/or quirky as the stuff you come up with. I don't think I could even if I tried very hard. Some day, maybe.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Whenever I hear one of your tracks, I wonder how my own head is wired. I've been composing music for almost 40 years but I've never come up with something as original and/or quirky as the stuff you come up with. I don't think I could even if I tried very hard. Some day, maybe.

Cheers,

Mats N

Thanks, I think it's really just down to what you listen to. I grew up on classical with a background sound of whatever pop my older brothers and sisters were listening in the 80's, I only got into actually trending pop in the 90's in the UK which was a very colorful time with all the indie, punk, rock, brit pop, edm, trip-hop etc pushing in the charts, all heavily referencing the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Before knocking this out I was just listening the The Avalanches latest set which had some cool old Betty Everett cover of a Beach Boys song, which lead me to some Bettye Swan, Barbara Acklyn etc, and I wanted to try and imitate the strings sounds they used, lots of vibrato and drenched in verb through those echo chambers, plus bring some of that setlist/trip vibe in. Anyhow, inspiration is really everywhere I guess.