Need Help, using Midi with Band Helper and Stage

• Thanks you guys for trying to help with this! I have it connected through the app and shows it is connected. Here is how the app is configured

MIDI Song Number 46

MIDI Program Number
    Bank MSB,0 Bank LSB,0 Program 46

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Thanks you guys for trying to help with this! I have it connected through the app and shows it is connected. Here is how the app is configured

MIDI Song Number 46

MIDI Program Number
    Bank MSB,0 Bank LSB,0 Program 46

If Program 46 means midi program change 46 with Bank 0, are you ending up on Performance 10 second slot?

• I have an android phone and I can't get the Yamaha to connect to it. I called yamaha and they said it is not compatible with android.

Well then I guess I'm just lucky? I've been using it on Android phone and tablet for ages!:D

OK... do you have the MD-BT01, or the UD-BT01? You have to use the MD-BT01.

• Well then I guess I'm just lucky? I've been using it on Android phone and tablet for ages!:D

OK... do you have the MD-BT01, or the UD-BT01? You have to use the MD-BT01.

Sorry, I got away from this for awhile but back at it. I have the MD-BT01

• Are you guys using the stage or the Toaster? In the stage for the midi port, I have three options, 1(select Midi Port), 2 MIDI out 3 - MIDI thru. (with MIDI thru it says "MIDI thru is not compatible with Kemper Stage. Could that be the problem?

• Are you guys using the stage or the Toaster? In the stage for the midi port, I have three options, 1(select Midi Port), 2 MIDI out 3 - MIDI thru. (with MIDI thru it says "MIDI thru is not compatible with Kemper Stage. Could that be the problem?

Nah, you're good. The Midi through is used to pass midi to another device. Not needed here.

Try the Android phone?

• Nah, you're good. The Midi through is used to pass midi to another device. Not needed here.

Try the Android phone?

Yea - I tried my old s8 and I just got an A20 and I am messing with it now. I can get the yamaha to connect with the phone but it just won't change to the presets using bandhelper. I am wondering if the adapter is defective?

• Yea - I tried my old s8 and I just got an A20 and I am messing with it now. I can get the yamaha to connect with the phone but it just won't change to the presets using bandhelper. I am wondering if the adapter is defective?

Hmmm... so you didn't pair the adapter with the phone right? Just the app?

Just for giggles... The adapter has arrows on it. The one with arrow pointing towards the Stage goes to midi in port, and the other one goes to midi out. The red light comes on the adapter itself, yes?

Can you post screenshots of the Kemper and Bandhelper setup? You can PM me if you like.

• Hmmm... so you didn't pair the adapter with the phone right? Just the app?

Just for giggles... The adapter has arrows on it. The one with arrow pointing towards the Stage goes to midi in port, and the other one goes to midi out. The red light comes on the adapter itself, yes?

Can you post screenshots of the Kemper and Bandhelper setup? You can PM me if you like

Yes the arrows match in and out and the light will go solid when I have a connection. I appreciate your input and I will take some screenshots and send them to you on a PM if you don't mind. It also keeps keeps disconnecting. Yes - through the app is how I am connecting it.

• I believe Bandhelper is the same as SetList Maker, You have to connect to the BT1 in the app itself Find the. Midi icon in the app click on it, it should pull-up a pull down menu. Click on connect to Bluetooth device. If all is working click on bt1 to connect. If your presets are set correctly all should work

• Thank you whippinpost91850 and dmatthews for all your help and input. What dmatthews pointed out to me in a PM was that I wasn't doing a preset per song in bandhelper, here was his explanation for anyone else that stumbles across this. "In Bandhelper add a midi device, call it Kemper and tell it to use channel 5 and 0-127 Create a new midi preset for a song. Tell it to use Program change 0, 0,1 (that's performance 1, slot 2) as an example. Go to a song and add that newly created preset to it."

Now my only problem is the bandhelper app keeps disconnecting from the yamaha bluetooth adapter so I am trying to figure that out.