Wiring two Kones in a Marshall 1960a stereo switch

• Hi everyone. Wondering how I would wire a Marshall 1960a for two Kones and two guitar speakers.

I have ordered a 212 set of cones but don't have a 212 cabinet at the moment. But I was wondering whether I could install them in my Marshall 1960a that has the stereo switch. Currently the cab has the stock GT12-75s which are 16ohm speakers.

I am considering installing the Kones on one side of the cabinet and leaving the GT12-75 speakers on the other side but running the cab with the Stereo switch engaged so either the Kones or the GT12-75s are used depending on which jack is connected (or both if running another amp into the GT12-75 side). There is no real reason why I am doing this other than curiosity and to have a bit of fun before getting a 212 cabinet.

Being new to this and not really understanding the Marshall stereo switch workings I wonder if wiring the Kones in series for 8ohms on one side and the GT12-75s wired parallel on the other side would work. The cab would not be switched to mono mode (stereo switch will always be engaged). Drawing attached.

Yes this is stupid but what I want to know is whether it is possible or if this would be detrimental to my power amp (ISP Stealth).

• That should work. Thought about that myself when I ordered 4 Kones. I put two in an old kustom 2x12. Put the other two in floor monitor wedges. Wired one wedge with a switching for 4/8 ohms. They all sound great, running in stereo is the way to go.

• Curious as to how you're going to connect your kemper to it via the amp. To use the kones you need the monitor output which bypasses the cab. How are you going to feed the G12T's as you'll need another cab bypass feed?

• If using the Kemper, you are correct, it will connect via the monitor out to either the Kones side OR the G12T-75 side of the cab. Not both at the same time.

To use both sides at the same time I need to connect a seperate preamp and amplifier to the GT12-75 side ?....maybe dust off my old JVM head