Effects loop a wee bit too quiet

• So, I'm lucky enough to have a Strymon Big Sky reverb pedal that I would like to use with my Kemper. However, when I use it (or indeed any other delay/reverb etc pedal) in the effects loop of my Kemper head (stereo return) I find that the effect is quiet. Even with the mix set to it's full level on the Kemper and pedal, the result is quite subtle at the Kemper output.

I certainly can't get enough of the reverb in the mix to create large 'wash' reverb effects.

Has anyone else found this?

Cheers ip

• Interesting, if I place the effects loop in the 'delay' slot, I get a fairly quiet effect and it appears to be hooked up 'in parallel' with the main signal. So, setting the delay to produce only its 'wet' output gives both the original and delayed notes in my headphones.

If I move the effects loop to the 'X' location I get a really loud effect return and, here's the bit I did not expect, the effect is now in series with the main signal path. So, if I set the delay to produce only its 'wet' output, that is all I get.

I don't really have an issue with this but just didn't realise the effects loop is treated differently depending on which slot it i placed in.

• Thanks! I knew I'd read something about that but just couldn't find it in the manual. I'd been looking at the effects loop section of the manual.....

So basically, the Delay and Reverb slots have additional features to them in terms of routing that are adopted by the effects loop if it is dropped into those slots.

Cheers,

ip