Just a little fun... Remixed track from the late 90's - Replaced Gtrs with Kemper

• Digital modelling has certainly come a long way since the first Pod Bean. Our band recorded a track in the late 90’s using a POD2 and I remember being pretty happy with the results.The band is Off the Edge and the song is entitled "Just Another Band".

During this Covid lockdown I’ve had a bit of time on my hands and just for fun, I found the original multitrack and decided to replace all the guitars with the Kemper using my own profiles.
    While the POD sounded great for its time (and still isn’t too bad) it just shows how far things have come in the modelling/profiling world.
    I’ve added the link to the original POD version as well for comparison. This is just for interest sake and the fact that since we can’t perform in a live situation I had to find something interesting to do.
    The link to the original song with the POD2 guitars is: https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6326809
    Cheers.

Peter.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks, Peter. It was interesting having the Pod version for comparison (I had the Pod Pro rack mount version). I personally wouldn't classify them in terms of better or worse, but rather just two different guitar tones.

For my taste the Kemper / Marshall version felt a bit smoother and fit into the mix more easily. On the crunch parts I could also hear more of the Les Paul's character. But honestly, the differences are probably pretty subtle to anyone but us guitar folks. You could easily picture either version on the radio.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thanks, Peter. It was interesting having the Pod version for comparison (I had the Pod Pro rack mount version). I personally wouldn't classify them in terms of better or worse, but rather just two different guitar tones.

For my taste the Kemper / Marshall version felt a bit smoother and fit into the mix more easily. On the crunch parts I could also hear more of the Les Paul's character. But honestly, the differences are probably pretty subtle to anyone but us guitar folks. You could easily picture either version on the radio.

Thanks for the comments Chris. I do agree that most listeners wouldn't hear any difference but we are guitar players and we do want the best tone possible.

I think the Kemper is by far the most natural sounding as far as tone is concerned. I didn't have to eq anything, whereas the POD...