Question about disabling cabs universally

• I’ve found info on how to lock cab sims as being disabled on the monitor output. However, I’m running from the main outs to a stereo power amp and then into a stereo guitar cab. I know how to toggle the cab sims on and off for each rig individually, but I’d like to lock them to the off position for all rigs universally. Since I’m running stereo, it has to be the main outputs and not the monitor outputs.

Is this possible to do with a stereo setup, or am I going to keep doing it one rig at a time?

• You can set the Monitor Output and Direct Out to function as a Stereo Monitor Output, and then disable the Monitor Output Cabinets in the Output Menu.

Yup, I'll use that method when my second Kabinet is available. Leaves the main outs for FOH when you need that.

• Thanks for the input so far guys. I'm still new with this thing and the manual is gigantic so I'm having a little trouble with finding out how to do certain things. Can one of you point me to a procedure to set up the Monitor Output and Direct Out to function as a Stereo Monitor Output per the suggestions above.

Below is a response I found when searching for that procedure. Unfortunately, this makes it sound like I'd still be getting cab sims on the Direct output unless a subsequent software update has changed it so you can toggle cabs off on the direct output.

I'd love to have this setup so that I can listen to the 4X12 in stereo with no cab sims while recording in stero with the cab sims going at the same time. However, I'm starting to get the impression that if I'm going to try to record in stereo while playing through a guitar cab at the same time, I'm going to have to run the cab in mono unless I'm just not understanding things correctly (which is entirely possible).

Monitor and Direct Output are independent but they can be handled together ;)

That's how it's done:

• Go to Output Page 1 and set Monitor Output to Master Left and Direct Output to Master Right. (Deactivate the loop if you have set it in the stomps or effects section.)
    • Go to Output Page 2 and set Monitor Output Volume and Direct Output Volume to -∞ (minus infinity), then check only Monitor Out Link and Direct Out Link.
    • Use the Master Volume and you're done ;)

The disadvantage is that you will still hear the cab on the Direct Output :(

Kemper, give us a "Monitor Cab Off" button for the Direct Output, too...that would be great! ;)