First Profile - 2008 Dual Rectifier

• A couple of questions.

• Should I profile with my EQ all set at 12:00 for more flexibility with the Kemper EQ or with the settings I'd normally play with?
    • Also can you all give me suggestions for the channel Master Volume, I normally balance all 3 channels for playing live?
    • Lately how loud should I record profile, stage volume? That's when the amp really shines.

Thanks again.

Kemper Stage

ISP Stealth Pro power amp

Mesa Boogie 4x12 Rectifier slant cabinet

ESP/E-II Guitars

EMG 57/66 pickups

• As Vinny said, get the amp sounding the way you like it then profile that. Setting the knobs at noon won’t give you more flexibility but may give you a base sound that you don’t like. If you want more flexibility just make additional profiles of different sounds that you do like.

As for amp volume, same thing, if the amp sounds best loud then profile loud and capture the amp at its best.

One of the most amazing things about the Kemper is the ability to capture a fire breathing monster in full flow then reduce the volume to a manageable level. The Kemper has actually introduced me to some amazing amps that I thought I hated. Back in the late 80’s every rehearsal room in Glasgow had JCM800 half stacks. I always despised them and took my own little Mesa Studio 22 to rehearsals. I always thought the JCM800 was thin and scratchy and generally just SHIT. When I got the KPA I tried some JCM800 profiles and they were fabulous. It turns out that a huge part of the sound of that amp comes from the power amp being driven. Unfortunately, a 100w Marshall cranked is way too loud for rehearsals so I was never getting the chance to experience the beast in its glory.

• Back in the late 80’s every rehearsal room in Glasgow had JCM800 half stacks. I always despised them and took my own little Mesa Studio 22 to rehearsals. I always thought the JCM800 was thin and scratchy and generally just SHIT. When I got the KPA I tried some JCM800 profiles and they were fabulous. It turns out that a huge part of the sound of that amp comes from the power amp being driven. Unfortunately, a 100w Marshall cranked is way too loud for rehearsals so I was never getting the chance to experience the beast in its glory.

Totally true.

I ran a JCM800 and it was pants at low volume, move the volume very slightly, volume would leap up and sound improved. Get it on about 3 and it sang! The 50W versions never sounded as open as 100w so "that sound" was only really there at ear splitting levels....very on/off amps.. :).

Like you its one of the thinsg I love about the KPA...linear volume!!!!!