Fatal error and not booting

• Hey guys! I was updating the Kemper (cant uderstand while we still need a usb stick), but when update was almost done, it crashed and now its now booting

tried everything, resetting, putting the kaos.bin on the root folder, nothing seems to work! everytime I turn it on, it loads and than almost on 100% it crashes!

I really need some help

• Welcome to the forum! The first thing I would try is clearing the rig that's in memory. You do this by pressing and holding the Rig button while turning the KPA to Tuner mode. Keep holding down the Rig button until the unit is well into booting.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You can force it to install the operating system by putting the latest kaos.bin in the root folder of the USB drive (I would download a fresh copy), plug it into the KPA, press and hold the "<" and ">" keys and switch the KPA to Tuner mode. Keep holding the < and > keys until you see a message about booting and loading. Oh, and make sure the KPA was switched off before you started this process.

• Tried 3 times... holding < and > nothing changes...it doesnt go to the tuner mode.. goes straight to the booting session... already downloaded and put on the root...nothing works

• I guess it's time to contact Kemper support ...

Edit: BTW, when the KPA is off, switching to Tuner mode should cause it to boot, not go directly to the Tuner ...

• But I cant access that mode! Theres no firmware installed, and I tried to do it several times... already contacted but they are too slow and I have 3 recordings to do...

• Bought my kemper from reverb.com "brand new" when i first turned it on it said nanoboot:burnFromUSB() and then says ERROR: no USB drive inserted

failed to upgrade firmware

Downloaded 7.4.1.1782 and and the plugged in the usb and then plugged in the Kemper stage, and a progress bar began to load, and then the screen displayed

nanoboot:burnFromUSB()

ERROR: fatal error parsing firmware file (errcode =-97)

I used two different usb sticks, both fat32, both with the file directly in the root.

also tried to go from 7.3.2 and also tried 1.8.2

• Welcome.

Please contact support, they'll get you sorted.

• How long does it usually take support to respond to emails? It's been a couple of hours for me. I have a failed OS update that keeps giving me an error message that won't load from USB. I accidently flipped off a light switch when updating the OS and now it's an expensive paperweight.

Any chance of fixing that? Or is it dead.

• "failed parsing firmware file" usually indicates a corrupt file (kaos.bin). maybe something went wrong during either download from the Kemper website, or during transfer to the stick (on the host PC)

• How long does it usually take support to respond to emails? It's been a couple of hours for me. I have a failed OS update that keeps giving me an error message that won't load from USB. I accidently flipped off a light switch when updating the OS and now it's an expensive paperweight.

Where are you based?
    Please consider that Kemper support is based in Germany and it's after 8 p.m. here right now.

• suggest maybe try to load 7.3.2 on a freshly formatted fat 32 only with just kaos.bin at root. power on while holding both page buttons until you see something different happening

even when the power is cut during firmware update, the bootloader should still be able to flash a firmware from USB stick -> normally the unit should not be degraded to a 'paperweight'

(use the 'boot&burn procedure' = put kaos.bin in root of USB stick, hold both page buttons during power on) like tntent described