Killswitch Engage | Take Control | KPA Guitar/Drum Cover

• Hey guys! One positive that has come out of this quarantine is more time to play the kemper! I just wrapped up my latest metal cover of one of Killswitch Engage's new songs. This was my 1st time mixing real drum tracks. Overall I am happy with the finished product. Let me know what you think!

Kevin

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great track Kevin, thanks for sharing! Well done, nice playing from all of you. Guitars sound great, great power. To my taste the drums are a bit thin, lacking the depth and power of the real drums. Actually I don't know the original track so I can not judge if that is just a style thing. For me a bit more cut through and body of the drums would fit better.

By the way: I have similar topics sometimes as I am guitar player and sound mixer in the band. Drummer often complains "too much guitar, not enough drums" 8o8)

• Great track Kevin, thanks for sharing! Well done, nice playing from all of you. Guitars sound great, great power. To my taste the drums are a bit thin, lacking the depth and power of the real drums. Actually I don't know the original track so I can not judge if that is just a style thing. For me a bit more cut through and body of the drums would fit better.

By the way: I have similar topics sometimes as I am guitar player and sound mixer in the band. Drummer often complains "too much guitar, not enough drums" 8o8)

Thanks for the advice! You know in the back of my mind, I thought I could have boosted the drums just a bit, or even just the snare. I'm find myself often obsessing over minute details when mixing, only to say enough it enough. Next project I'll pay more attention to where the drums are sitting.

Could this also potentially be attributed to youtube's compression on top of my own compression on the mix? I mean, sitting in my home studio I think it sounds incredible, now that we're listening on youtube, I have to agree with you.