Input Clipping... Powered Toaster

• What's the best way to deal with input clipping? It's just my EMG-loaded guitars (wired for normal 9V operation, no 18v mods), straight in to the front of my powered head (toaster)... I don't see an input trim or pad in the Input section menus.

And I'm not just seeing the indicator go momentarily red, I'm hearing the clips as "crunchies", a fuzzy break-up. Mostly from notes struck on the lower strings, so I just need to trim or pad the input a bit I'd think. Anyone else experiencing this? It's not limited to a particular patch.

Thanks in advance for any advice... Cheers

• .....tivity. Yes, tried them, but they don't seem to do the job. And why is there one for Clean and one for Distortion? Strange. Massive change to these Sensitivity settings results in not much change in how hot the input signal is from the guitar until near the end of the range... at which point the sound is adversely effected.

So I'll take it there's no simple input trim or pad.

• Maybe this helps:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)