Kemper Kabinet with standard Valve Amp

• Odd question I know, but I’m considering a Kemper Kab to go with my Kemper Powerhead. Seems like the obvious choice.

I need to know if I can use the Kab with a normal low wattage Valve/Tube Head so I can use it as an extension cab with that other amp. I know the Kab Is 4 Ohms, and I know how I can wire correctly to present the right load to the amp. I also know I won’t get access to the Kemper features of the Kab. I just need to know if it will work without damaging either the Kab or the amplifier.

All help appreciated, thanks.

WildBillMojo

• Kone/Kabinet would not be suitable as a guitar speaker for a tube amp. Frequency response is suitable after DSP corrections, (ie in the Kemper with Kone mode operational) but not otherwise. Too much treble extension and not the correct balance of frequencies - that is what guitar speaker are for.

• Cool thanks. Plan B will have to be to use a EVM-12L Classic that I have hanging around, just need to decide what cab to put it in (open or closed). It’s not ideal for the amp (a bit dry and beamy) but it’s OK and hopefully it’s flat enough for the Kemper.

WildBillMojo

• EV-12L - great speakers especially with Mesa style amps.

If you are looking for something warmer, check out the Celestion Alnico Ruby - 100 dB efficient and 37 watt power handling - I was looking at putting one in an open back cab for a small amp. Celestion have a set of IRs for the Ruby and demo samples of guitars played through it on their site.

• It depends on the amp... the Fryette Power Station is basically just a tube amp and mine runs rings around the solid state amps I have used. If your amp has an effects loop you can plug your Kemper into the return and you'll be pretty much good to go.

The older I get, the better I was.