Mustang III (v1) as a Kone Host Amp/Cabinet?

• Hi All,

I usually play through my unpowered Toaster and 2 DXR10’s in stereo, but really want to find out what the Kemper Kone buzz is all about.

(Plus, I’d like to have an ‘Amp In The Room’ option...)

I have a Fender Mustang III (v1), which has the unprocessed effects return into a 100 watt Class D amp, and Celestion G12T-100 speaker... Sounds pretty good, but obviously can’t compare to two DXR10’s, nor does it need to, when lower volumes are desired.

QUESTION - do you think the Fender Mustang cabinet and its integrated 100 watt amp would make a good “Host” cabinet for a Kemper Kone?

It’s an open back cab, but the Kone literature states that’s fine, and for a single 12”, might be even better than a sealed cabinet.

Anyone done this? Any reasons you can think of why I shouldn’t waste the time/money... except the cabinet Tolex isn’t green? :)

• Watch out for the impedance of your amp's output , as G12T-100 are available with 4 , 8 or 16 ohms

If your G12T-100 is 4 Ohms , go for it

Good point. My recollection is that they're 8 ohms.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Great point, I believe the stock speaker is 8 ohms, and that the power amp section would expect that.

I knew that would have been too easy...

I’ll either keep using the stock G12T-100 speaker (which actually sounds pretty good), or go with two nice empty1x12’s (I like stereo) and start putting together a new setup for home use. Father’s Day is coming... :)

Thanks for the replies.

• I myself plan a stereo 2 x 12 in twin like cab , to take full advantage of the stereo FX like chorus and delay.

two 1 x 12 could also be cool with much more stereo , as long as you have a stereo amp like The H3 thunder 99 i got.