Kemper stereo cab setup help

• Hey

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good way to use one Kemper with a stereo cab setup? I have the toaster head, with a retrofit Ritter power-amp with one output, which is great and I have been using it for a couple of years now to run into a regular guitar cab, but i'm in a new band and i'm the only guitarist, and i'd love to run into two cabs and be able to mute one cab as and when I wish, so certain parts of songs will only come from one side of the stage when playing live. I'm looking at the Palmer Cabinet Merger which will allow me to run into two cabs, but i'd like to know if anyone knows a way of being able to switch between the cabs or switch to running just one, then hit both on? Thanks!

• Hi there. If your power amp is just 1 channel, then you can't achieve stereo. Adding another speaker will just give you more mono.

To get stereo you need a stereo amp. Then use delays/reverbs/panorama/rotary as needed to give the stereo effect.

• I'd love to run into two cabs and be able to mute one cab as and when I wish, so certain parts of songs will only come from one side of the stage when playing live.

Nathan

I don't mean to be nasty in any way I am just asking to understand something.

What are the punters on the right side of the room going to listen too when you mute the guitar on there side? I have been at a gig only once in my life where a band did this and the balance in the music was completely lost. In fact the vocals and drums coming from the right speaker drown out the guitars coming from the left speaker for the people standing to the right side of the stage.

I am just intrigued.

Mike

• Like Mike, I have never liked stereo guitar coming from FOH or directly from stage with no FOH PA as almost no one in the audience is standing in the optimum position to hear the beautifully crafted mix. I have yet to hear a great sterao mix in a small venue.

however, if you want to do it you need a stereo power amp. Then use the Panorama control in the Rig Menu to pan the sound left and right. You can assign the Panorama control the be Morphed using either an Ep Pedal or the second tap footswitch method.

• Interested as well...

One of the main benefits of running a guitar into the PA is to get balance FOH. Just having a guitar from one speaker in a regular set up always causes balance problems ( hence I always put the guitars through the PA regardless of venue size). This seems counterproductive..

• V8

That's why I am intrigued. If it's for a drop out affect then either a less distorted patch or a drastic cut in eq to lo-fi the sound works better and retains the balance. Even with two guitars you would never have a live band panned hard left and hard right.

It's just my opinion though, maybe loads of bands do it and I have only ever seen one of them.

Like stereo effects, best left in the studio.

Mike