More Punch/Tightness with High-Gain Settings

• Hello dear community,

I have had a non-powered Kemper Profiling Head for a few weeks now. I already had some joy with the clean sounds (e.g. the Morgan AC20 profile, a dream :love:).

In the high-gain area, however, one thing bothers me: I can't manage to create a tight punch with palm mutes / quick alternate picking.

The Kemper runs over 2 Alto TS310s and an old Peavey Vyper 60 watt modeling amp serves as reference, so nothing outstanding. When I play palmmuted downstrokes with said modelling amp, the speakers deliver this, I can't describe it exactly, "bouncy" sound, you all know what I mean ^^.

With Kemper / over the altos, however, this is almost completely missing. With quick alternate picking (e.g. Intro Disposable Heroes from Metallica), the individual strokes separate much worse than with the old modeler.

I have already tried it with various settings (low cut up to 200 Hz, push in the range 500-1000 Hz, less gain, pure cabinet on / off, clarity, definition, pick, various rigs of course), unfortunately it does not get better .. .

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the altos simply cannot produce this sound. Or is it because of the Kemper?

Any suggestions for solutions?

Thank you for your help and best regards!

• Hey, thank you for asking! Not really any improvement, i kinda get used to it but ill give another frfr/cab a try some day! Dont think its a problem with the Kemper...