Boss "Bank Extent" feature

• Hello all ye in Kemperdom.... Please accept my apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

The firmware in a GT-6 has a feature called "Bank Extent" - "Bank" in the context of Kemper is the same as what we call a Performance (ie. a bank of patches)

The purpose of "Bank Extent" was to place an upper limit on the Banks that could be addressed by the GT-6. For reference the feature is described on on p61 of the GT-6 manual.

Example Application: Say you are a gigging guitarist that does not arrange Kemper performances by song, but, you need the capability of accessing more than one performance (ie. 6 or more rigs) to do your gigs. In my case I use three performances to get the job done which I store as 1 - 3...

What I would like to happen is when I press "up" on the Performance 3, I would like the Kemper to revert to Performance 1 (ie. "cycle" up and down as normal but only within a range of 3 only Performances).

The GT-6, would allow me to achieve this, via the example above by setting a "bank extent" of 3 - ie. never let me head into the 4th bank.

I can't see where this functionality is currently supported in OS7 - maybe I am the only person on the planet who ever used it on the Boss

If it can be achieved please let me know else I think it is a feature request.

If I am wrong and it is currently supported I will lock myself in a room listening to Barry Manilow on endless looping shuffle for 2 days as just punishment.

Many thanks.....

• It could be called "wraparound range" and ideally, IMHO, allow one to set the range from any Performance number to any other. IOW for example, Performance 21->24 could be the range.

I can see how this would be handy if one wants to, again for example, prevent the possibility of calling up an inappropriate Rig (Engl at full tilt during a jazz gig). It'd help to eliminate possible pitfalls and reduce gig anxiety overall IMHO.

In cases where one's Performances aren't grouped in similar genres / tones, it'd be even-more-excellent if one could nominate the individual Performances to create a range. For example, Perf 11, 15, 28 and 35 and cycle using only those. Just a thought; perhaps it'd make your scenario even-easier to set up and use, Dale. :/

• Yes - Wraparound range defines the functionality very well...

And extending the "pool" to different areas of the Performance "range" would be even better than stacking the performances from say 1 to 3....

"Engl on full tilt on a jazz gig" - that cracked me fair up.:D