Kemper low volume control too sensitive.

• As you know you can link the master volume to easily control output volumes. The master is a linear control while the linked output volumes have acceleration and increase in sensitivity as they are move away from max. (ie. a 1mm turn will move the volume by 0.1db when near max, but the same movement will change it near 20db when near minimum)

This is fine when 0db is your maximum volume used. However my headphones play at a comfortable level when set between -70 and -60 dB. That's just too difficult to control when it comes to being that low. I might want to change to -64 because it is too loud at -60 but it will jump straight to -80 or off at that point. And will jump up well past hurting my ears if I try to turn it up from -70.

I don't like the sensitivity acceleration, and I want to know if you can set the same level of control to values other than -0db.

I found out you can restrict the level to not pass above -60 dB when turning the master, which helps the deafening jumps issue, but the sensitivity issue remains. Decreasing it slightly to -65 is near impossible.

Is there a way to do this?

• What headphones are you using and are they your only option? It sounds like they are very low impedance and also efficient drivers, therefore very loud. For the sake of protecting your hearing, it might be worth investing in a pair that take a bit more to drive them.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan