[Bogren Digital] Producer Impulse Responses from major metal albums

• Hey guys, Jens here!

A while back, I was talked into making some impulse responses of guitar cabinets and recording chains, trying to recreate or beat a "real" recording (against better judgment...)

I'm a big advocate for real, sweaty amps and heavy cabs, but I was surprised or almost shocked to find how well the IR technology can work if done right.

Sooo... this has rendered into my first ever digital product, an "IR pack" that can replace the cab/mic part of a recording or live chain. I'll be d*mned if that doesn't sound just like something I would create in the studio on a cold winter night.

These IR's are EQ'd to match the commercial sessions that I have worked on, so they fit well in dense metal mixes! I have examples on my website where I replaced the guitar tracks with an amp sim.

One thing I did notice is that the IR's work better with either direct or merged profiles. That way the amp head model is more accurate.

I'd be thrilled if you check it out and let me know what you think! :)

https://bogrendigital.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's a user demo from Federico Ascari:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Jens... long time no see. Since the Ghost Reveries sessions, in fact, when I was underfoot for a few days, recording the Opeth guys in the B room for another project. Thanks again, all these years later, for your hospitality back then.... it's been great watching as your career has grown from strength to strength!

These IR's sound like good fun, I'll be checking them out ASAP.... all the best from sunny (and humid) Florida!

James M.