The Acoustic Simulator

• Does it matter which base profile you use (I assume "yes") and which base profile is anyone having success with? I tried it with a TJ 65 Deluxe Reverb V1 profile and the Acoustic Sim didn't sound good at all through headphones. It was somewhat muddy and dark and didn't sound like an actual acoustic guitar; more like a very early guitar synth trying to sound like an acoustic.

Further, I took the suggestion of turning off the Cab and that resulted in a very piercing sound along with the note of the high E string on my Les Paul. Like stabbing in the ear piercing that hurts to hear.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, because as is, it's not close to ready. I did see a YouTube video of some dude demoing it and it sounded great.

• I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but I’m curious as to how realistic it’ll sound. Or, if it’ll be any different than what I already do for an acoustic sound (e.g. use an MBritt Fender profile with the cab turned off - sounds like a pizeo).

I think its better than that. Put it this way, I was thinking of having a piezo fitted for acoustic intros etc....not now..

• Does it matter which base profile you use (I assume "yes") and which base profile is anyone having success with? I tried it with a TJ 65 Deluxe Reverb V1 profile and the Acoustic Sim didn't sound good at all through headphones. It was somewhat muddy and dark and didn't sound like an actual acoustic guitar; more like a very early guitar synth trying to sound like an acoustic.

Further, I took the suggestion of turning off the Cab and that resulted in a very piercing sound along with the note of the high E string on my Les Paul. Like stabbing in the ear piercing that hurts to hear.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, because as is, it's not close to ready. I did see a YouTube video of some dude demoing it and it sounded great.

Have you tried turning off the whole amp, stack and cab section?

• Whats the best way to use this with a piezo equiped guitar but have a mag & piezo chain?

Share both reverb and delay for the signals but I don't want the mag tone affected by the acoustic sim

• Have you tried turning off the whole amp, stack and cab section?

I have. If I turn off the Cabinet, it's pretty dull. If I turn off the EQ, well, can't adjust EQ settings from the front. If I turn off the amp section, it just sounds very muffled. Turn them all off either at the Stack button or individually, it's a sum of those three. I'm listening through a set of Audio Technica ATH40MX headphones, by the way, so I know that's not the issue.

I did try changing the base profile and it at least minimized the sharp piercing noise when hitting a high string. Now it just has a tinniness to it that I also hear in some sound samples a user posted of the Acoustic Sim in the Private Forum. So far, I don't think this Acoustic Sim sounds very Acoustic guitarlike at all.

• Whats the best way to use this with a piezo equiped guitar but have a mag & piezo chain?

Share both reverb and delay for the signals but I don't want the mag tone affected by the acoustic sim

I'm fairly certain that Kemper stated the acoustic sim is designed to work with magnetic pickups and that a piezo is unlikely to be as good.

And if you're trying to run the pickups and piezo through separate paths in the Kemper at the same time, no. That won't work.

• Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding the brand new acoustic simulator:

- With the AS activated and Amp and Cab off, the volume is veeeery low. Is there another way of of increasing the volume than "rig vomume"?

- I would like to go down the "The Who -path" and add acoustic guitar parallel to the activated amp.

What i got so far is:

-Acoustic sound through a crunchy Marshall

- Acoustic Sound in parallel path bone dry and low volume....

Is there a way to...

- activate the parallel thing, when activating the acoustic sim stomp?

- adjust volume of acoustic signal independently from amp?

- return the parallel acoustic sim path to the main signal chain at a spot of my choice....maybe befor Module X or before the delay?

- maybe tell the acoustic sim to split part of the signal (or the whole signal) in front of the amp and then bring it back in after the amp (so i can bypass the amp with an acoustic sound, when hitting the stomp)

Maybe these should be feature requests?

Anyway, thanks for any comment on this!

Have a good day everybody,

Thomas

• I got a chance to sit down with it today. I started with a free Ampeg profile and then shut the cab and amp off. I kept the EQ on, but set it to flat other than reducing the bass by about -2.0. On the acoustic sim setting, I have the pickup set around 6.8, body around 4, bronze around 3.4 and sparkle around 0.3.

I’m using the neck pickup of a Guthrie Govan Charvel with the pickup split on.

Overall, I think it sounds really good. It doesn’t quite have the fullness of a real acoustic, but is definitely as good as or better than any piezo I’ve had in the past.

If I move to the 4th pickup position (bridge and center pickup) it gets too “spanky” and thin sounding. On that pickup, I added a studio EQ into one of my slots to bring some low end and fullness back. But in general, the first configuration I mentioned above sounds great. And adding a studio EQ shouldn’t be an issue for anyone because in general, with acoustics, you don’t need as many slots for effects available anyway.

I was thinking about buying an acoustic for an acoustic duo project I’m about to start. But instead, I’m going to save the money and just use this sim.

• Two Tips from the Addendum to the acoustic simulation:

... you’ll also need

to use the Input Noise Gate, as this effect will strongly emphasize pick up noise.

The Acoustic Simulator is designed to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic. It is not suitable for acoustic

guitars or any other instruments with piezo pickup, since piezo pickups deliver a sparkling “acoustic sound” already.

Instead, you should use either the Graphic or Studio Equalizer to tweak the sound character.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Well done, Kemper Team! Tested today Acoustic Simulation with PRS S2 and I definitely can use it instead of guitar with piezo. It is quite noisy with PRS (passive pickups), but it is probably my guitar picking up all the high frequencies from environment which are boosted by this effect. Overall I'm happy with it.

• I will try it with a profiled Acoustic Guitar Amp and see how it sounds.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• The general idea behind an amp for acoustic guitar is completely neutral amplification.

You already get that in perfection by turning off the AMP and CABINET.

Good point, but I will try it and take a stand if it sounds good, why not? ;)

• It sounds awesome to me! Very realistic.

A bit noisy, that's right...

Any thoughts on a 12-string effect? A delay for example?

I had a play with pitch change and delay widener and have put it on the rig exchange. The name is 'Acoustic 12 String'. I had a play on 'dead or alive' and some boston too!

Not perfect, but maybe somebody can tweak it develop it. Have a play with the settings.

• I had a play with pitch change and delay widener and have put it on the rig exchange. The name is 'Acoustic 12 String'. I had a play on 'dead or alive' and some boston too!

Not perfect, but maybe somebody can tweak it develop it. Have a play with the settings.

That was created by Mr paults and I had a play with that as well :)