The Acoustic Simulator

• I understand that some of you combine the Acoustic Simulator with an amp profile?

Well, I am using a hybrid setup, utilizing an acoustic model from a Boss SY1000, into the profile I was previously using, which included a Carvin V3 clean amp profile, without cabinet. It sounds great like this, but if I turn off the amp, the volume is way too low. I have not tried a parallel path yet, but I am satisfied with it the way it is. I compared it to the older setup, which still utilized the same modeled acoustic, which I was very happy with, but with the acoustic simulator, I eliminated a studio EQ and a compressor, and it really sounds even better.

• Mainly you should check that Clean Sense is set adequate, as it controls the level of clean rigs, depending of the level of your guitar.

To compensate for additional level differences for the Acoustic Simulator, use Rig Level, yes.

• so i should not try the acoustic sim with an acoustic profile on my Variax?

Presumably not, because you might double up two acoustic simulator approaches.

Doubling it will not work for sure.

Our Acoustic Simulator is made for turning the sound of an electric guitar into an acoustic guitar.

• Great new Beta version. The acoustic simulator is a lot of fun.

ckemper it would be great if you add a MIX parameter in the Acoustic Simulator, so with morphing feature and an expression pedal, users could blend the piezo simulation with magnetic pickups and effects.

Something like this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I tried it with maybach lester neckhumbucker

1. Version without STACK EQ

2. VErsion with STACK EQ

here´s a Version that is edited, works for my taste

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

let me know what you think of it

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I'm loving the acoustic sim. But, the hiss... I've done what I can to minimize. I don't have the amp or cab engaged (which make the "acoustic profile" much lower in volume so I have to use the "clean sense" to raise the volume to the level of my other rigs.) I've "notched out" what I can with the graphic and studio eq. I know I can play with the "sparkle" parameter and the others... on the Acoustic sim eq. But if I take out that high end to get rid of the hiss while playing, it just doesn’t sound good and believable. I also have adjusted the input noise gate and added a stomp gate as well. They do a good job of getting rid of that hiss while not playing but it's really noticeable while playing. I really want this to work for me(us) to not have to bring and set up the acoustic, the fishman aura DI, another wireless unit, and then sound check it would be so time saving & wonderful. So does anyone have some Ideas without cutting out that Highend that makes it sound like an acoustic? thx!-John

• My first impression is, it sounds very good, and the ‘mechanical sounds’ that you get from an acoustic such as body thump are there. I’m getting a constant 8kHz whine with it though when I’m on single pickup positions (1, 3 and 5) on my Strat. Reduced the system down to just guitar>Kemper>headphones and it is still present. I don’t seem to be able to affect it by moving around, unlike other external sources of interference that plague single coils. I’ve dialled it out with EQ but is anyone else experiencing the same?

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• Presumably not, because you might double up two acoustic simulator approaches.

Doubling it will not work for sure.

Our Acoustic Simulator is made for turning the sound of an electric guitar into an acoustic guitar.

Okay luckily, I can still switch to the magnetic pickups on my Variax

• Great new Beta version. The acoustic simulator is a lot of fun.

ckemper it would be great if you add a MIX parameter in the Acoustic Simulator, so with morphing feature and an expression pedal, users could blend the piezo simulation with magnetic pickups and effects.

Check out the video on page 1. It shows how to use parallel paths to achieve exactly that.

• Hmmm... Ihm not getting there yet. I wonder if someone will share some rig using the ac-sim ?

I've already put a rig on the exchange called 'Acoustic 12 string' - try that. The 12 string part just has some doubling and pitch shifting so you can turn those off if you want.