The Acoustic Simulator

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My continuing efforts to get to a usable profile with at least the Tele. This is all now entirely in the Kemper. Thoughts welcome on whether this is better or worse than the last attempt. Sounding a bit ‘bronze strings with piezo pickup’ but I quite like it. Or does it just sound like a Tele?

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My continuing efforts to get to a usable profile with at least the Tele. This is all now entirely in the Kemper. Thoughts welcome on whether this is better or worse than the last attempt. Sounding a bit ‘bronze strings with piezo pickup’ but I quite like it. Or does it just sound like a Tele?

I think that sounds great. ?

• The hiss happens when you engage the Stack. I initially tried it with a Bert Meulendijk acoustic preamp profile and th hiss was terrible. CK confirmed this would be normal and that the AS was not designed to be used in this way.

... And when the hiss was that terrible, then the resulting AC sound must have been terrible and treble loaded as well. The emphasis of high frequencies both affect the guitar and hiss. Both are affected by the amount of Bronze and Sparkle.

This sounds wonderful Ed. You have the chunk of the real acoustic that I thought was missing now. Will you post on the rig exchange?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• My continuing efforts to get to a usable profile with at least the Tele. This is all now entirely in the Kemper. Thoughts welcome on whether this is better or worse than the last attempt. Sounding a bit ‘bronze strings with piezo pickup’ but I quite like it. Or does it just sound like a Tele?

Sound great!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

That sounds great. Would you be so nice to share the rig?

Listening back to the first one this one improves it to my ears for the tele. Acoustic with piezo-ye vibe to it, but that's the best what one can use in a noisy pub environment anyway. 8) Great Work!

sounds great !!

The best result with the AS I heard so far ! And yes...PLEASE share the rig ;)

Sounds nice! I’ve yet to upgrade to get the effect. Thanks for sharing EdwardArnold

• Maybe this question is wrong here,

but could somebody post the settings for a Gibson Les Paul Standard if I want to use the

acoustic simulator?

Unless you can split the humbuckers, it's unlikely to sound close to an acoustic. This sim works best with single coil pickups like on a Strat.

• Maybe this question is wrong here,

but could somebody post the settings for a Gibson Les Paul Standard if I want to use the

acoustic simulator?

I think most of the acoustic sim demos have been with single coils. You might want to try pre-eq with a humbucker.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• whippinpost91850  IngoRockt TobiBorn  Serendipity and others...

Just posted my profiles on Rig Exchange. The 'EA Single Coil Acoustic Sim' is the one I've used for the Tele in the more recent video I posted. I've also done a version for those with humbuckers (you'll see it) and no coil tap that works for my Eggle at least and prsgary 's Gibson PRS. I'll restate the important bits:

• Do not turn on the stack
    • Do NOT turn on the stack
    • DO NOT TURN ON THE STACK
    • Check your Clean Sense and Rig Volume

You need the AcSim and Studio EQ as a bare minimum for these rigs to work. They're in blocks A and B so check those two at least are not locked when you load the profile. I've thrown in some settings I use for compression, a clean boost with delay, the stereo widener, a subtle chorus and Legacy Reverb. If it wasn't clear earlier, don't turn on the stack.

Hope these help some people out!

All the best,

Ed

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan