The Acoustic Simulator

• Why didn‘t you put the AC into the stereo section.

It has a nice stereo effect on it already.

Too much?

• ckemper Yes, too much for me/didn't result in the upfront sound I was looking for. It sounds like a short, dampened room reverb IR, so it could be very useful if there was an 'amount' control or rather, 'sides component' control. As it is, I feel it impacts on the high frequencies a little too much so that if you are in a mix you won't cut through quite so well. An A/B comparison results in the guitar sound is less upfront (which others may want, to be fair), as if - in that reverb comparison - the early reflections from the room are greater in level than the direct signal. It could well be preferable to play with like this purely solo or on headphones.

I'm also after mono compatibility for live use, so it made sense to be able to switch on/off the stereo widening effect (or just use a Natural Reverb room setting at the end of the signal chain as an alternative). The stereo widener as I've employed it is not as natural as the room impulse response method, (if that is how you've done the AcSim's stereo effect), as the delayed right channel arriving later means it perceived as louder in the left channel, but to my ears the result is a bit close to its 'mono' counterpart in terms of timbre, and I think it's a great addition to have.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• whippinpost91850  IngoRockt TobiBorn  Serendipity and others...

Just posted my profiles on Rig Exchange. The 'EA Single Coil Acoustic Sim' is the one I've used for the Tele in the more recent video I posted. I've also done a version for those with humbuckers (you'll see it) and no coil tap that works for my Eggle at least and prsgary 's Gibson PRS.

Thanks a lot Ed, it is very kind of you to share this profile, and your hard work is much appreciated! :thumbup:

Now I just have to remember to turn on the stack ... ;)

• Ed's tireless efforts notwithstanding, Aaron's tweak seems to have gone under the radar somewhat and IMHO it's the closest so far. The fact that it "competes" with a professionally-mic'd acoustic places it in a different league from the piezo-acoustic-like sounds we've encountered so far IMHO. Kudos to Aaron!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't even own a single single coil guitar, only humbuckers.

I'd try with the Definition control (maybe using the profile of an acoustic amp). Although it doesn't actually turns a HB into a SC, it might lead to interesting results until you get your switch ;)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Here is my second video. This time I compare it to an actual mic’ed acoustic. It gets real close. I wonder if Chris has plans to add an IR in the future to get it even closer? I tried one that worked pretty well but maybe a custom IR for the simulator could really nail it. Acoustic Simulator 2nd Test

Hi Aaron, nice job, did you use an EQ Match to get the Strat closer to the mic'd Martin?

It's an interesting idea about the IR :thumbup:

• ...Aaron's tweak seems to have gone under the radar somewhat and IMHO it's the closest so far. The fact that it "competes" with a professionally-mic'd acoustic places it in a different league from the piezo-acoustic-like sounds we've encountered so far IMHO. Kudos to Aaron!

Totally agree, AeroUSA has some really great strummed Strat sounds going on there. Can you tell us more about it, Aaron?

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• Ed's tireless efforts notwithstanding, Aaron's tweak seems to have gone under the radar somewhat and IMHO it's the closest so far. The fact that it "competes" with a professionally-mic'd acoustic places it in a different league from the piezo-acoustic-like sounds we've encountered so far IMHO. Kudos to Aaron!

Great stuff by Aaron and Ed now. Thanks guys, you are helping us lowly mortals refine the use of this great new addition!

• Thank you !!

• Thanks! It sounds great with my ES 335!

• Thanks for your rigs.

I tried the Single Coil one, but have the problem that the rig is extrem quiet/silent. I tried

some Equalizer to increase the volume but comparing it with all my other rigs, it‘s not usable.

Do you have any ideas?

• I just want to thank you guys for your efforts. I am looking forward to trying this out on my Gibson. Want to see how it sound swith the humbuckers

I added a rig for use with humbuckers, PRS Acoustic p/u#4 which Ed generously helped me with. You might want to try this on your Gibson also.

Gary ô¿ô