The Acoustic Simulator

• wrbi - so I tried it out and at least on my PRS I hear no wisp of any 12 string. I might tinker with added delay, see if there's any difference. I glad you do on your Strat and thanks for sharing!

Gary ô¿ô

• I tried the acoustic sim at home and wasn't impressed. I also created a preset with the sim going into a body resonance impulse response from an acoustic guitar. Still not brilliant. I shut my kemper down and went to band practice a few days later.

Plugged everything in, switched it on at band level and played a few bits forgetting it was set to acoustic. I was stunned at how good it sounded and the others agreed it sounded very much like an acoustic guitar.

So, I was wrong. It's great. Thank you!

• I don't want to do that until I'm satisfied.

I think I do as well, but I'm always interested in an even better preset. Could you upload this to the RE?

I uploaded one that is working well for me. .It cuts through with the band. That was what I was having the most trouble with, it sounded great on its own but got lost when other instruments were added (It's listed as "Acoustic" from jon9max ) works best with single coil, neck or middle slot. If you have split humbuckers you can put it in middle position and leave neck humbucking and bridge single coil.

• Hey guys... just noticed this thread. :)
    I saw HW tone Junkie's video on The Acoustic Simulator a few days ago so I DL'd it and gave it a try.
    Pretty interesting, don't think it sounds 100% like a real Acoustic with a mic hooked up but it is pretty nice just the same, I was able to get some super clean to dirty tones and will keep his profile close by whenever needed for a project. I even used it on the bass guitar. lol

This demo was just finished today and it has 3 guitar tracks plus the bass.

FYI, I did this using a Gibson SG

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey guys... just noticed this thread. :)
    I saw HW tone Junkie's video on The Acoustic Simulator a few days ago so I DL'd it and gave it a try.
    Pretty interesting, don't think it sounds 100% like a real Acoustic with a mic hooked up but it is pretty nice just the same, I was able to get some super clean to dirty tones and will keep his profile close by whenever needed for a project. I even used it on the bass guitar. lol

This demo was just finished today and it has 3 guitar tracks plus the bass.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I don't think we're going to fool anyone with the AS, but for me it is a great sounding/passable sim for a live band mix situation. I used it tonight for an intro to a cover song we do.

Fun tune Dan, nice goin'.8)

• This demo was just finished today and it has 3 guitar tracks plus the bass.

Cool piece Dan! Could have been a cut on The Beatles Revolver album. Didn't appreciate an acoustic sound to it, almost like a brand new instrument entirely! Good work either way. Still not in love with the AC with my humbuckers despite many tweaks.

Gary ô¿ô

• Cool piece Dan! Could have been a cut on The Beatles Revolver album. Didn't appreciate an acoustic sound to it, almost like a brand new instrument entirely! Good work either way. Still not in love with the AC with my humbuckers despite many tweaks.

Yeah, to my ears it just sounded and felt like a very good clean channel which isn't a bad thing but as far as an emulation, not sure. I was going to plug my actual acoustic guitar into the simulation for fun but ended up not. Maybe next time?

• I was not a fan of the Acoustic Sim, it was really lacking too me. But then again this is amp profiler

Tyler Jazz

Lead Guitar Player for Gryla

Guitar Instructor for BCR Music and Sound!

Kemper Powered Head

Jackson SLQ2

Charvel Desolation DX1

ESP F Series

• Does L6 variax do a convincing emulation? Dumb question I know, but I've never played one those things.

IMHO yes, Dan.

The gen-1 sims paled into insignificance when compared to the gen-2 ones 'though, so make sure you play a Tyler Variax or newer Yamaha-made one (both run the same software - v2.x AFAICR) if you're going to audition.

The Variax simulates a mic'd acoustic (2 of them IIRC), and you can control the distance from the mic with the tone knob. One sim is darker and more-weighty, the other being brighter and more mix-ready IMHO, but that's going by memory and I haven't played them in many years. I do plan to use them when I finally get back to recording 'though as I feel they're a huge time-saver, especially if you don't have an ideal room and equipment for mic'ing one yourself.

IMHO the Kemper's sim is a piezo-acoustic approximation, and it ain't half bad I reckon; it's just not going to sound like a mic'd acoustic 'cause that's not gonna happen given the fodder it has to work with, namely electric guitars.