Choosing between three Friedman BE100 profile packs - Suggestions?

• I bought Bert’s BE pack & it sounds good but is very bassy IMO. I wonder how it will sound with a power amp & real cab?

Did you cranked them at gig volume? Because Bert's and Britt's profiles are made to be at their best loud!! Which is great!They are a little too bassy at bedroom volume.

• i have the same monitors,but then could be your guitar,i have a Fender Strat with Seymour JB on the bridge,if the profiles sound too boomy try to raise the definition button or lower the bass a bit.

I have a thin sounding Charvel DK24 with an EMG 81.

I tried them at very low volumes. They did sound good - I was just worried about how they’ll sound at full volume through an amps power stage & a 4x12 with a band with a lot of palm muting.

what is a merged profile?

If you want to up the gain- is it best to do it with a Green screamer, pure booster or the gain knob?

• Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I picked my 2 favorite profiles from Berts Friedman pack & arranged it in a performance & brought it to rehearsals where I plugged the Kemper into the FX return of a H&K Switchblade amp into a 4x12 with v30’s - it was way too bassy, as I expected. I wasn’t quite satisfied. Sounded much better with the cab simulation through monitors to me

• I picked my 2 favorite profiles from Berts Friedman pack & arranged it in a performance & brought it to rehearsals where I plugged the Kemper into the FX return of a H&K Switchblade amp into a 4x12 with v30’s - it was way too bassy, as I expected.

Did you pick switch the cab simulation off when going in the Switchblade? Did you select Merged profiles from the pack in order to properly get rid of the cab portion in the profile? They are the ones with an "M" in the name...

• Did you pick switch the cab simulation off when going in the Switchblade? Did you select Merged profiles from the pack in order to properly get rid of the cab portion in the profile? They are the ones with an "M" in the name...

ok - I used a non merged profile then.
    how can I read the whole name of the profile when it doesn’t fit in the display?

Yes, I was very meticulous about NOT using a simulated cab. I used Monitor Left to the FX return & had cab sims off for monitoring.

The band thought it sounded better than the tube amp but I felt there was something wrong. Some trebly fizzyness to it. I shall try with a merged one.

I’m after that Friedman brown sound but with heavy distortion for old school thrash metal

• how can I read the whole name of the profile when it doesn’t fit in the display?

Sorry, no idea as I am working with the RigManager all the time when I am creating Performances and selecting profiles. On the computer screen it's way more overview in such a big pack as Bert's BE100 stuff.

Some trebly fizzyness to it.

Yes, I see, I had a similar experience when I got the pack. But I anyway always put an EQ in the X effects slot with high and low cut. With Bert's BE100 profiles I'm cutting the highs at around 8,5khz or even a bit lower and the lows below 100hz. That cleans it up nicely and makes it ready for the sound guy. No fizz anymore 8)

By the way with the next official release of the firmware Kemper will introduce the high/low cut as a standard in the Output section.

• Sorry, no idea as I am working with the RigManager all the time when I am creating Performances and selecting profiles. On the computer screen it's way more overview in such a big pack as Bert's BE100 stuff.

Yes, I see, I had a similar experience when I got the pack. But I anyway always put an EQ in the X effects slot with high and low cut. With Bert's BE100 profiles I'm cutting the highs at around 8,5khz or even a bit lower and the lows below 100hz. That cleans it up nicely and makes it ready for the sound guy. No fizz anymore 8)

By the way with the next official release of the firmware Kemper will introduce the high/low cut as a standard in the Output section.

Thats pretty much exactly what i have been doing..ill cut Lows 60-90 and Highs between 12-15k.

Alot of times if there is still flub ill drop the 80Hz nob down a bit as well...even when im low cutting around there.

• Sorry, no idea as I am working with the RigManager all the time when I am creating Performances and selecting profiles. On the computer screen it's way more overview in such a big pack as Bert's BE100 stuff.

there is already an EQ block in the profile, but so have no idea where it cuts.

• Find also Bert and many others already mentioned great as well, but just checked the new Cililab V2 Friedman profiles and I'm liking them a lot through the Kabinet. Especially the DI profiles with fake cabinet enabled for Kabinet imprints. Less bassy than Berts out of the box for sure.

I was just listening the Rabea's Jake E Lee amp youtube demo and found these have somewhat similar vibe to them. Really cool!!

• You can check these...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://nickkprofiles.bigcartel.com/