Change Live Performance with MIDI

• Hello,

I'm Tom from Austria and have a question!

Me and My Brother playing in a Band together, we both use The Kemper Profiler Power Amp with Remote Control.

live weare playing with Inear Monitoring and Click Track. Now we wanna switch Live Performance Chanels from both Profilers (because there always other Channels both Kempers) via Midi.

How does it works because we are also playing with Click Track. And all of these have to Control our Drummer. Is it possible via Ipad or Notebook. Can i send all informations with one Track?

Our Live Gear:

2x Kemper Profiler Power Amp

1 Midas M32C

1 Midas DL32

heavy greats from Austria

Tom

• Every Slot in Performance Mode has a unique MIDI address consisting of a bank select LSB plus a program change. Those get displayed in the left dark box on the PROFILER screen for information purposes, as soon as you detach the Remote. You should assign different MIDI channels to each of the receiving devices. So, set for example MIDI Global Channel of PROFILER A to 1 and of PROFILER B to 2 in System Settings. If your drummers sends for example bank select LSB 1 and program change 19 on channel 2, PROFILER B will load Performance 4 Slot 4. Details can be found in chapter "MIDI" of the Main Manual (or the German "Das Große Handbuch").

My band is using Bandhelper on iPADs. This allows to send MIDI commands as soon as another song gets loaded in Bandhelper. This way I'm loading the corresponding Performance. With a Yamaha or MDBT 01 or Quicco mi.1 this can even be done without wires.

• It is quite simple with midi program change and I simply use browser mode. You assign a midi program change number to each rig. You can also use control changes for other features listed.

Just remember to set the program changes a little ahead of where you want them to come in. I start with a 16th before the bar, depending on the tempo.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• hey guys,

thank you for your quick response.

One question left:

I have two Kempers but only one midi output on the midas mixer. Do i need a midi split box?:/

• I have used midi thru in the past when needed. We generally have a little Philip Rees midi thru box for two guitars and a keyboard setup though.

Give it a try from midi thru on one Kemper to in on another.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Every Slot in Performance Mode has a unique MIDI address consisting of a bank select LSB plus a program change. Those get displayed in the left dark box on the PROFILER screen for information purposes, as soon as you detach the Remote. You should assign different MIDI channels to each of the receiving devices. So, set for example MIDI Global Channel of PROFILER A to 1 and of PROFILER B to 2 in System Settings. If your drummers sends for example bank select LSB 1 and program change 19 on channel 2, PROFILER B will load Performance 4 Slot 4. Details can be found in chapter "MIDI" of the Main Manual (or the German "Das Große Handbuch").

My band is using Bandhelper on iPADs. This allows to send MIDI commands as soon as another song gets loaded in Bandhelper. This way I'm loading the corresponding Performance. With a Yamaha or MDBT 01 or Quicco mi.1 this can even be done without wires.

Bandhelper and Yamaha MBT01 for me too. Works great.

• Are any of you using Bandhelper with the Stage? I am having trouble getting it to work using the Yamaha midi adapter. The stage does not have an option to run midi thru.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979