Kemper + PC > LSR305

• Hi all,

I've tried to do the research before hand to my specific problem but came up short. If it's been asked before, my apologies.

I currently have my Kemper (non powered) on the side and when I use it, I use my headphones through the headphone input and if I want to play any backing tracks or learn a song through my PC, I connect a Y cable of 2x 1/4 jacks to the Return Input and Alternative input of my Kemper to a 3.5mm jack straight to my PC headphone jack.

I'm adding 2 x LSR305s to the mix. Thing is, I want to have them both (Kemper and PC) connected to the LSR305s. This is so I can use LSR305s as my main PC's audio for listening to music/audio etc for general life/PC purposes and when I'm not on my Kemper. Then when I want to use the Kemper, I want the audio to come out of the LSR305s as well (unless I use my headphones for late nights) . I think I'd be happy still using my Y cable setup to still get sound from my PC through to the Kemper to the LSR305s, although I'm open to a simpler solution.

I am aware that I cannot plug and use both the 1/4 and XLR inputs of the LSR305s (I assume it'll damage it) so I'm looking for a very cheap (financial reasons) solution to this. I know I need to invest into the whole rig, but it's difficult presently to spend much after buying the LSR's

Any ideas?

• From the manual... Sounds like you can hook the LSR305s to the Kemper main outs and be good to go.

Auxiliary Input

The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an mp3-player, into your PROFILER to play along with it. In the Output Section, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with three mix controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUT as well as S/PDIF OUTPUT, and two others to feed it to the MONITOR OUTPUT and HEADPHONE output. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE output, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected.

• ive got the same setup.

I use a scarlett 2i4 in between, i think 1/4" trs leads to the front of the scarlett xlr to the monitors and usb to and from the pc.

Dont get the 2i2. Its not stereo.

Twin mono.

You can have head phones in the scarlet or head phones out the kemper for kemper only.

• Not wishing to smother you with options, but for around the same price as a typical 2in/2out USB Focusrite audio interface, you could probably pick up a secondhand small analogue mixer with a built-in USB interface. This has a few advantages:

1. The headphone output jack on your PC won’t be as high quality as audio over USB to balanced interface or mixer outputs.
    2. You don’t need your Kemper powered on just to listen to music.
    3. Your main workflow requirement seems to be mixing signals; a mixer has dedicated controls for level control and EQ etc.
    4. You’ll have some mic inputs to record from.
    5. Your mixer can do double-duty for small gigs.

That said, a well-featured USB interface sounds like it will do the business. I’d try and get one that has monitor mix controls between the inputs (Kemper) and returns from the computer (PC output over USB) as just a simple hardware knob so that you don’t have to go into an application window to balance things up.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• Keep your eyes peeled. They pop up on ebay facebook etc regularly.

Someone may do you a turn.

There have been record sales of audio interfaces these last two months as people have had the time to explore hobbies involving music and podcasting from home etc. I’m starting to see quite a lot of “Purchased this last month, did’t really need it..” posts on marketplace at least, so it’s a good time to buy 2nd hand!

• Haha. Not sure that any of us who’ve spunked over £2k on a Kemper rig can justify crowdfunding support ?

I’d be up for it, but the rule would be that it has to come from wish.com. That would get some amusing results in about 12 weeks - a UDA Alpopo or something for only £7.