Since my RM issue can't be fixed...can you make OS AND RM updates available for download on the site as soon as they're available through Rig Manager?

• So as I mentioned before, My Rig Manager won't update via the software update within RM. I have to download it and install it manually. When I sent in my logs that support requested, I was told it was a Mac issue. I guess that's my fault for using an iMac for music recording. I'm such a rebel. The OS won't update that way either. I still have to use the flash drive and keep swapping out the kaos.bin file and update it manually. Fine. It's the functionality of the Kemper we love. If we wanted good, common sense software, we'd all be on a Fractal Forum.

This being said, since I can't download these things via the Rig Manager, would it be possible to make the OS update AND the RM update available for manual download the same time you offer it through RM? A Few days ago Rig Manager asked me if I wanted to update to the newest version. I clicked yes, knowing full well it would crash when it reached 100%, which it did. So I came to the downloads section only to discover the updates weren't available to download for either the OS or RM.

I just opened my RM and it again asked if I wanted to update. Clicked install. It crashed. (The masochism is growing on me). So I check the downloads section. The OS update is available to download, but not the RM. Helpful. :rolleyes:

"OS 7.4.1 and Rig Manager 3.0.124 have now be raised to release level. So now we finally have one common OS release compatible with all PROFILER models!" But they aren't both available to download for those of us with rogue Macs.

*UPDATE: sometime today, the rig manager update appeared under downloads, so I was able to update both the OS and RM this evening. But it would be nice it it was available here from the get go. Thank you.

• My RM updates on my iMac just fine. It is a crappy excuse for a multi-platform software developer to say a software feature fails to function because of the platform they designed the software for.

Having managed a department of NQA-1 software developers I have experienced this lazy way out .......

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• My RM updates on my iMac just fine. It is a crappy excuse for a multi-platform software developer to say a software feature fails to function because of the platform they designed the software for.

Having managed a department of NQA-1 software developers I have experienced this lazy way out .......

I agree. I was disappointed but in the end, at least I can still update manually.

• The installer should be stored in your Downloads folder already.
    Rig Manager downloads and stores any update (KAOS and Rig Manager) there before it starts the actual update process.

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought when it initially happened. Wasn't the case. Went through the runaround with support until they finally said they can't help and I just have to continue updating both the old fashioned way.

• we have thousands and thousands users running Rig Manager on their macs. and for 99.9%, updates just work. at the same time, there always will be cases where support will be out of ideas and will not solve a issue. partly because we don't sit in front of this very computer, partly because we don't have the tools to understand why things don't work. partly we don't have all the wisdom in the world. yes, it's unfortunate but that's our reality and it will not change. it's not an easy way out and it doesn't turn anybody into a rebel.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• we have thousands and thousands users running Rig Manager on their macs. and for 99.9%, updates just work. at the same time, there always will be cases where support will be out of ideas and will not solve a issue. partly because we don't sit in front of this very computer, partly because we don't have the tools to understand why things don't work. partly we don't have all the wisdom in the world. yes, it's unfortunate but that's our reality and it will not change. it's not an easy way out and it doesn't turn anybody into a rebel.

*Takes deep breath*

*Erases long paragraphs of response*

*Gives the benefit of the doubt*

*Starts over*

So what you're saying is... Kemper may or may not make updates available to download manually as soon as they're released for usb download via RM.

Because that was the question. It's actually the subject line of this thread: "Since my RM issue can't be fixed...can you make OS AND RM updates available for download on the site as soon as they're available through Rig Manager?" And I specifically said I accept that I'll just have to download updates manually. I just don't want to have to wait days or weeks after they come out like I currently do.

(Also, my use of the word "rebel" was sarcasm, reinforcing the fact that many people use Macs. I wasn't actually calling myself a rebel. I thought it was obvious. Sorry, my mistake. Text exchanges can be easily misinterpreted.)

FYI: This is what's currently available to those of us who have to resort to using our flash drive to update:

• you can download OS 7.5.1 if you switch the filter to the category "operation system beta versions". but unfortunately i couldn´t find a link to download the needed RM for this version.

This should be possible...?(

• And I specifically said I accept that I'll just have to download updates manually. I just don't want to have to wait days or weeks after they come out like I currently do.

we will not make updates available for manual download on the same day.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• we will not make updates available for manual download on the same day.

Or apparently even the same week. Month maybe? Absolutely STELLAR customer service! You get all the condescension and attitude with none of the resolution!

Consequently, It's July 7th and 7.4.1 is still the most recent update available to download. That's 2, or is it 3(?), revisions behind now. Splendid! Thank you! I'm so very honored to wave the Kemper banner.

I love that the update notification I received today specifically says for users on 7.4.0 or earlier, update with USB stick. But I guess they just get to keep checking back every day until you decide to make the download available? It's like getting one of Willy Wonka's golden tickets.

*UPDATE: I was able to download the current OS from the Beta downloads section, thanks to the help of user christianbad . He simply gave me the response I should have gotten in the first place. Many thanks Christian!

• you can download OS 7.5.1 if you switch the filter to the category "operation system beta versions". but unfortunately i couldn´t find a link to download the needed RM for this version.

This should be possible...?(

Christian, thank you! It turns out they DID make it available in the Beta downloads. The Rig Manager required for it is the newest version in the regular downloads section. For whatever reason, they didn't just put the OS there also. So I appreciate that.

It would have been AMAZING if the response I got from @G String had been, "you can download OS 7.5.1 if you switch the filter to the category 'operation system beta versions'" like you said.

Instead, I got, "we have thousands and thousands users running Rig Manager on their macs. and for 99.9%, updates just work. at the same time, there always will be cases where support will be out of ideas and will not solve a issue. partly because we don't sit in front of this very computer, partly because we don't have the tools to understand why things don't work. partly we don't have all the wisdom in the world. yes, it's unfortunate but that's our reality and it will not change. it's not an easy way out and it doesn't turn anybody into a rebel."

Thank you for your help.

• you have to use the Filter on the download site and select "operation system beta versions" for 7.5.2

Thanks Christian, yeah, it's all done. I've had beta systems installed before, but I've never been prompted to update when the newest version was still in beta, so I didn't go there to look. Lately, the last several updates have been prompted and when I came to download them, it took several days in between the time RM prompted me to update and the time they showed up. Perhaps they are going to Beta downloads now instead. From now on I'll check there. I'm just really disappointed it took a user in the forum to answer the question when the Kemper representative could have said it in the first place, answering my question, which is what's supposed to happen. But we can't have everything. Thank you again for your help.