How do you run your Kemper when there's no AC Power?

• Hi,

I've been playing outdoors lately, without AC power. I just got a Kemper Stage, and I think it draws 50 watts (100-230 volts, 0.5 amps), but imagine it's probably less than that.

I have two Bose S1 Pro systems that run on internal rechargeable batteries. I'd like to get a lithium-ion battery power supply to run the Stage. It should run for 4 to 5 hours. I'm in Canada (110 volt AC)

Questions:

• Has anyone else done this?
    • What battery power source did you use? (links please)
    • How much power does the Stage really consume?
    • Does the Kemper require pure sine-wave power or will modified sine-wave work?

If the Stage actually draws less than 50 watts and can work with modified sine-wave power, I can hope something like this will work.

Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station

If the Stage really consumes 50 watts and requires pure-sine wave power then I'll have to get something like this.

Explorer 500 Portable Power Station

Of course the bigger one is more than twice the money.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

ST

• With all LEDs and the display set to maximum brightness, the Profiler Stage pulls 12W during boot, 11W in operation.
    With all LEDs and the display brightness turned down to about 8 of 10 (my usual setting), the Profiler Stage will pull 10W in operation.

• Hi lightbox,

Thanks for your input. I got the Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station which is much more than I need for the Kemper Stage alone. I wanted to have plenty of power to spare for a PA and mixer.

Not disputing your numbers, but I am curious how you measured - do you have a Kill-A-Watt?

The Jackery has a meter that shows the draw on the battery. It takes 4-5 watts when the AC outlet (inverter) is activated - and the display shows a draw of 17 watts with the Kemper Stage. I have the display brightness and buttons turned all the way up.

This is going to work fine. Running my small PA (Bose L1 Compact, T4S mixer with phantom power on, wireless receiver, Kemper Stage) full out running some tracks for testing - the draw fluctuated between 40 to 70 watts. I should be able to do at least 5 hours with power to spare.

518 watt hours x .85 (inefficiency factor) = 440 watt hours.

440 watt hours / 55 watts = 8 hours