Can you use a bluetooth receiver in the aux in of the kemper stage

• Hello ,

I was wondering if I can hookup a bluetooth receiver to the send and return 1 of the kemper (aux) and use it to play backing tracks wirelessly from my phone to my headrush speaker that I have hooked up in the monitor out?

I this possible? So that I dont always have to have use those annoying iphone lightning to 3,5 mm adapters.

something like a Logitech Bluetooth® Audio Receiver

https://www.amazon.nl/Logitech…id=pla-422157016785&psc=1

• Yes, you could connect a Bluetooth receiver to the returns and use them as Aux input. If you have a Stage you would use Return 1 (L) and 2 (R), or Rack/Toaster Return 1 (L) and Alternative Input (R).

You would not need to connect the sends to anything. For the example you’ve linked, you’d require a stereo RCA/phono to (unbalances) TS 1/4” Jack cable.

If it’s for home use, no problem. If you’re considering this for live use, be aware that Bluetooth signal ranges are compromised by interference from lots of other devices. It’s also likely that the audio quality takes a bit of a nosedive on cheaper Bluetooth devices as you’re relying on their DAC stage. The direct iPhone DAC is actually really good.

I have a similar setup, where I can wirelessly stream audio to my studio monitors if I want to. However, I bought a secondhand Apple AirPort Express 2 (found one for £30!) and configured it to join my home WiFi network to use AirPlay. It has a very high quality audio output compared to BT and being WiFi, I don’t have to worry about pairing or signal range. It would also fair slightly better in live use.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan