Using Behringer MIDI Pedal Board FCB1010 with UNO1.03 eprom (smartly pimped by iPAD) and KPA

• Hi KPA Family, here are my next findings, perhaps useful for some of you.
    As many of you I was missing Exp pedals for my KPA. So why not having a try with one of these solutions some of us use already.
    So did I. Bougth the FCB and the latest UNO eprom and had my fun to find out, that these Exp pedals then had to be calibrated to send out midi signals again.
    As you probably know, the UNO Chip is sold with a separate Editor SW which I highly can recommend; LG-FCB Control Center. I used it to make my first profile (see below).
    Screenshot: Upper row fixed Stompboxes A/B/C/X/Mod Lower Row Prog#1-96 ExpA=Vol ExpB=Wah
    Missing functions (rest of the stomps, del, rev, rot, tuner ..) I switch directly at the KPA or via my iPhone and the TB Tiny Midi solution and my KPA profile via my i-MX1 Yamaha interface
    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7554632/FCB-UNO-KPA.jpg]
    But for everybody who wants to startup with a solution and not with a challenge I will provide to you a suitable dump to start with.
    Here the dump for LG-FCB Control Center or other solutions handling that format FCB UNO KPA profile.
    And here the sysex dump file received by the free Java Editor Solution for the FCB1010
    Ripwerx Editor voila FCB UNO KPA profile sysex file ZIP

Besides, I connected my iPAD with TBSTUFF to the MIDI THROUGH, so I have all options available, NRPN included.

Do not forget just in case the EXP pedals do not work to do the FCB ...

Calibration on Youtube in German

Calibration w/o computer

Calibration on Youtube with Eureka Prom in English

Often discovered problem after unpacking the new FCB 1010 the 1st time or change of the PROM chip.

Finally it helps to have a look into the Uno Manual or to walk through the Idiot's guide here
    Have fun.

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

Edited 13 times, last by McRalfix ().

• Hey - I am looking for a MIDI solution for my Kemper. This seems to be a great setup - any downsides you discovered meanwhile?

and THNX for providing this information here.

Hendrik

90% of the game is half-mental.

• All is fine for me. In combination with the Midi iPhone I have access to all parameters. And when the NRPN commands are out I will extend the tb tiny midi template and that is it. Here the Link to the iOS Midi Apps. Have fun and tell me more about your experiences

Edited once, last by McRalfix ().

• Hi Ralf!

Thank you very much. I didn't know that there is an editor for Mac out now. Maybe I will give my old FCB another chance.
    Do you know if your Sysex is also running with UnO 1.02.f?

Gruß
    Joe

• Hi Joe, I am sorry not to be able to answer with a lot of experience. I just came to the Behringer and Uno through this board some weeks ago. I would not be astonished if yes. But why don't you ask the guys at the uno Internet Page in Belgium. They do answer questions in 1 day. The one dump I provide for 1.03 is a sysex file.
    The Midi Editor TB Tiny Midi I use for the iPhone to cover the missing Behringer functions is for iOs on iPad and iPhone, not for the Mac (but I love it, this is a lot better)
    Have fun with midi and the KPA.

Edited 2 times, last by McRalfix ().

• It works well with 1.02.

The Mac Editor is a great enhancement and easy to use.

Unfortunately the stomp box mode is still unusable for me. It is very confusing when a stomp LED stays "on" when you switch to another rig where the stomp effect is off by default.

Keep waiting for the KFC ... ;)

• I think this is not quite right. This effect just happens in my configuration, when the midi connection has started and the current settings of the stomps have to be synchronized by switching on/off with the KPA. After that it works fine as long as you just use the fcb and do not manually change the settings directly via the KPA. But do you think the Kemper Board will be released this year ? It seems they even do not have a prototype.

• Unfortunately the stomp box mode is still unusable for me. It is very confusing when a stomp LED stays "on" when you switch to another rig where the stomp effect is off by default.

Hm, I do not quite understand this issue to be honest. You can define for each patch on the FCB (with UNO) the initial state of each stomp box LED once you switch to this patch. Just make sure that this matches the setting of the assigned rig and you shouldn't have this issue at all!?

Cheers,
    Markus

• Heho,

following problems:

1. My expression pedal for volume switch between volume on and off. between these modes i have no volume controll on the pedal. solution?

2. My Wah expression pedal works fine but when i left my foot from the pedal ist turn off the wah and come to normal mode... in every pedal position. solution?

thank you

Music Man JP 6-String/Piezo Pearl Redburst, Kemper Stage, Kemper Power Kabinet

• Hi!
    Anyone actually got this setup working and stable?
    FCB1010, Uno chip 1.03

I've tried to follow the manuals, downloaded dump for LG-FCB Control Center and tried to set it as this:

Upper row: stomp boxes
    6: Stomp A: #17
    7: Stomp B: #18
    8: Stomp C: #19
    9: Delay: #26
    10: Reverb: #28

Expression pedals:
    Exp A: Volume: #7
    Exp B: Wah: #1 (heel off)

Lower row: different rigs on 1-5

I have initialized the new firmware (uno) according to this:
    http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf…o%20ready%20for%20use.pdf

Calibrated the expression pedals following this procedure:
    http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf…20expression%20pedals.pdf

When I use only the Volume pedal everything works as I expected it would do.
    If I try to use the Wah pedal, it works fine at first, then suddenly starts to turn on and off different stomp boxes/effects.
    After that I'm not able to switch any rigs at all...

Really starting to loose my hair now ;(

Regards
    Einar

• I'm lost....Downloaded the sysex opened the software I can't figure out which buttons to click on etc etc. Is there a "dummy's guide"?'

Can't get connected on LG...........Sysex in OP is Uno 1.03 and the ripwerx only works with files generated with Uno 1.02. I really suck at this.