Using Behringer MIDI Pedal Board FCB1010 with UNO1.03 eprom (smartly pimped by iPAD) and KPA

• I just brought a Kemper and i must say its excellent. My friend lent me his behringer FCB1010 (it hasnt got the UNO chip fitted) I can not for the life of me work out how to get the expression pedals working for volume and wah. Is this possible without the uno chip fitted. Also when i was using it live last night how do people tune by muting the actual guitar sound so people cant hear you tuning.

• I just brought a Kemper and i must say its excellent. My friend lent me his behringer FCB1010 (it hasnt got the UNO chip fitted) I can not for the life of me work out how to get the expression pedals working for volume and wah. Is this possible without the uno chip fitted. Also when i was using it live last night how do people tune by muting the actual guitar sound so people cant hear you tuning.

Hi,
    Have a look at the top of the post and try the calibration.
    It helps to read through the post to learn more about the gear.
    Have fun.
    BR McRalfix

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• someone can 'help me to configure the two expression pedal without uno chip?

I would really like some help with setting this up to. Ive reset the FCB 1010(with no Uno chip) to factory settings as ive had this a while and used it years ago with my Rocktron stuff. Ive watched YouTube videos on calibrating the expression pedals. To no such luck i cant get it to work. It changes channels no problem but id like to get the best out of both the Kemper and the FCB working together. I admit im not to clued up on midi and all this CC#. If someone could direct me to a video on YouTube that could help me or anything else which i could use to get me up and running that would be great.

Thanks

• Hi Francodimo. Please enable PMs in your profile. I'd like to chat with you about the X-15.

Hi i would like if possible to find out how to set the pedals for volume and wha too and if possible which on off the stomp boxes with my ART x15 .... i think i may be dumb

• Hi all
    I tried to download the SYSEX file but I get just a .prop file.

IF someone else have the sysex file available I would be happy if you could send it to me.

Mike

I don't have the .syx file but why don't you invest in the editor from http://www.lg-fcb.com ?
    You will surely want to do your own programming on your FCB.

• first of all, thanks for the best tips. i wouldn't know where to start without the preset. I have uno 1.02 and got everything working like a champ except the volume pedal. the expression pedal seems to work fine and I can see the number changing as I moved the expression pedal. But the kemper amp does not response to the midi message. I also got the patch dump from fcb1010 and it's identical to the preset. [Blocked Image: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/560075_10152576167975585_1304094855_n.jpg
    Does anybody experience the same problem? thanks so much!!

:thumbup:

• i did multiple times follow the instruction on youtube video mentioned on the first post. i can see the number go up/down as i rock the expression pedal A. I went to system page 3 and turned on both expression pedal. I can see the light on the knob goes up and down for the wah (pedal B) but not the volume (pedal A).

• Have you got the latest KPA firmware ?
    Did you assign the correct midi channel in the KPAs systems settings to the same as the FCB has ?
    Did you try another midi cable ?

BR McRalfix

• I have the latest 1.6 and set kpa to OMNI. I am using m-audio midsport uno. It works fine with AFX which i returned after a week tho :) . also can someone explain to me the difference between CNT 1 and CNT 2? From the preset, i undestand the CNT 1 is changing the stomp box but what does CNT 2 do?

• Those are the assignments for the external analog switches/exp. pedals. Not influent if you use midi.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have the latest 1.6 and set kpa to OMNI. I am using m-audio midsport uno. It works fine with AFX which i returned after a week tho :) . also can someone explain to me the difference between CNT 1 and CNT 2? From the preset, i undestand the CNT 1 is changing the stomp box but what does CNT 2 do?

Have you tried sending midi commands via you PC interface to the KPA ?

• i just switch to mac and sent the preset using sysEx library via Focusrite interface with a different cable. still have the same problem. I can certainly try to send midi message via my mac or pc. Which software should i use? much appreciated!

• For the pedals we do know only the calibration to get them to work.
    Described in several manuals and in youtube.
    Perhaps it makes a difference after calibration to send a workin sysex file again

• I'm not sure if this will help, but I notice a couple of things in your config that differ from mine:

1. Deselect all the EXP 1/2 enable boxes for the 5 stomp rows at the top.
    2. Deselect the last box in the EXP sections that enables toggling
    3. This would have nothing to do with the expression pedals not working, but you should setup the correct stomp defaults for each rig. Currently they're all set to nc (no change). You want those to match how the rig is initially defined.

I hope this works. I was frustrated all day trying to get mine to work.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I swapped cc# of pedal 1, 2 and now it's working briefly then stop working again after I start assign rigs. man... pulling my hair out