Keeping two Kempers (Profiler Head and Stage) in sync using two instances of Rig Manager (two computers on shared network)

• Hi,

I'm looking for tips on how to use my

Profile Head + Rig Manager (on a computer)

AND

Stage + Rig Manager (on a different computer)

Just got my Kemper Stage. I've had my Profiler Head plus Remote for years.

The Profiler Head is connected to a Surface laptop on my network.

The Stage is connected to a Surface Book laptop, also on my network.

As I'm figuring out my workflow. Here's the plan:

• Profiler Head - I'll do all my experimenting with the Head
      • Audition Profiles from Rig Exchange and downloads and purchases
      • Build performances
    • Stage - play it live
      • Use Performances I built with the Profiler Head
      • Probably won't have many if any Profiles in Browser mode

I don't necessarily want to clone the two units (backup from Profiler Head, restore to Stage).

• I don't need all the Profiles on the Profiler Head in the Stage
      • I'd like the Stage to boot up fast
    • I haven't figured out how to 'backup' just performances to USB
    • I'd prefer to transfer files over my network
      • Export performances from the Profiler Head to a shared folder on my network (or OneDrive)
      • Import performance to the Stage from a shared folder on my network (or OneDrive)

Before I set all that up (not a big deal really) does anyone have tips on how to use a

Profile Head + Rig Manager (on a computer)

AND

Stage + Rig Manager (on a different computer)

Thanks!

ST

• For your last question.......... as long as you are doing LOCAL installs, you have to anyway, and your connection from KPA is USB, have to anyway, this should be very easy to do.

But, if you want both Rig Managers to be discrete, then setup different Rig Manager logins for each computer. Use one for Head and the Other for Stage. Done.

As for transferring across network, all you have to do is make sure the destination directory (folder) is shared on the network. Then just export the rig from one KPA to a local folder and access it from the other computer on the network, copying it to a local folder there, so that you can import it into the other KPA.

Of course, this is simple for me. I am a Cisco Certified IT manager. But, rudimentary understanding of networking should be enough to get you through this.

• Hi, BoniDad.

Thanks for your reply.

But, if you want both Rig Managers to be discrete, then setup different Rig Manager logins for each computer. Use one for Head and the Other for Stage. Done.

I think I'll share files as necessary using OneDrive instead of a shared network drive. OneDrive can handle keeping the files in sync AND it will manage keeping a local copy of the files on the computers transparently (Always Available) . This would be important if I want to use the computers off-site. I retired my Windows Server years ago, so I no longer have a local network store with VPN access.

Are you suggesting I run Rig Manager from a shared folder so there's only one instance? I don't expect that to work.

Since I'm running Rig Manager on different computers, do I need separate logins? Do you mean the Preferences | Owner Name ?

Thanks,

ST

• No, running RM from a shared folder won't work.

I assumed that you were wanting to have a separate discrete, non-related, RM for each KPA. The best way is a separate account for each one. This would allow you to have a separate RM for each KPA with only rigs for the single connected device.

• Thanks BoniDad.

"have a separate discrete, non-related, RM for each KPA"

Yes, that seems to be the better approach. I have tried connecting the two profilers to the same instance of Rig Manager. That's actually pretty harmless as Rig Manager reads the current state of whichever profiler is attached. And anything I want to copy/paste between the profilers - I can store those the Local Libraries.

Thanks for your insights.

ST