Various beginner questions

• Hello (again)

Again, I bought that Profiler Stage and I wanted to know some other things:

1) If it is possible to assign 1 effect to several buttons? Eg, I have a Booster that I want to affect alone (say, to button "I") but also with a compressor to button "II".

Is that even possible?

2) I have affected my booster to button "I", but now I want to affect a chorus to button "I" instead. When I do this, it doesn't work: the booster is still affected to button "I" (along with the chorus) .

How do I clear a button affected to an effect, so I can reaffect it to another effect?

3) I have a regular volume pedal (Ernie Ball sthg).

Can I plug it in "pedal 1" to control the volume or does it need to be an electronic pedal?

4) I see a lot of effect "families" with no effects there. Where can I find/download bunches of effects?

I mean, the reverbs & delays are numerous (AND really good), but some other are not (eg boosters, compressors & such).

Thank you!

• 1) You would have to put the boost in two separate slots and assign it separately to buttons I & II.

2) Go to the Rig menu and on one of the pages, you can clear the assignment.

3) No, it has to be an expression pedal using a TRS cable.

4) I am not sure. Maybe open a ticket.

• To answer the second point, you can assign three effects per buttons on and off, i wanna mean, for exemple ; one delay on, a reverb on and a chorus off. If you tap on the switch, the delay will be off, as the reverb and the chorus on. You can clear the link between the effect by the same way you've added it to the stomp.....

• What I do not like with the current situation: having 2 effects on the button, you only can select either one on/off or two on/off. But not ALL OFF, one on, the other off and vice versa.

• 4) In general you are limited to what is on the KPA i.e. you can;t download new compressors, only change the parameters of existing ones ( and obviously save those settings to any rig you want). However Most effects have so many parameters you should have enough. If you are missing key stuff, raise it under feature requests. there are rumours that a new set of OD's is on the way!!

• What I do not like with the current situation: having 2 effects on the button, you only can select either one on/off or two on/off. But not ALL OFF, one on, the other off and vice versa.

I think the button does the reverse of how you saved the rig. At least I could do sthg like this on 3 effects

• Can I plug it in "pedal 1" to control the volume or does it need to be an electronic pedal?

You can le your analog volume pedal pretend it's an expression pedal by using a "Y" stereo cable and using both sockets on the pedal.
    Or, you can place it after the guitar (or after Monitor Out) - with obvious limitations.

you can assign three effects per button

You can assign four fx, actually

having 2 effects on the button, you only can select either one on/off or two on/off. But not ALL OFF, one on, the other off and vice versa.

Correct, the switch just toggles the saved status of all the fx. For a more articulated management, switch-driven morphing might be a more versatile option.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• 3) No, it has to be an expression pedal using a TRS cable.

*Technically* it doesn't have to be an expression pedal. You could use an insert cable and it would work. "Work" being a rather loose term since pedal throw will do nothing for most of it's range and then THERE IT IS!!!

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• *Technically* it doesn't have to be an expression pedal. You could use an insert cable and it would work. "Work" being a rather loose term since pedal throw will do nothing for most of it's range and then THERE IT IS!!!

Interesting - I am not sure how useful that might be, and to be fair and honest, I never tried it and I was going off memory of what I *thought* is in the manual, but hell, give it a go! If you can get anything to work in a manner that you find useful, I say go for it. I'm certainly no purist.