OS7.5 Beta now available

• My usb drive was already fat32. I've been using the same drive for years without an issue.

I finally managed to re-install the previous firmware, using another usb drive. I might have to reformat my other one.

• by popular demand, here is the rig used in my demo ( played on a P90 semi hollow )

It's based on the famous morgan AC20 minus AMP & CAB

with a good gate , plus a noise gate set around 6 , it's dead silent & dynamic , huge with the Delay/VERB.

add a comp in slot D if needed.

Adjust acoustic sim parameters to your taste as well as other EQ parameters , comp ...

Enjoy

demo ref :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi and thanks. Have you tried playing trough monitor out and Kemper Kone? I cant seem to get at good sound that way.

• Have you tried playing trough monitor out and Kemper Kone

Monitors ( Yamaha HS7 ) sound great , full & bright.

Kone with acoustic sim is a disappointment so far , sounds closer to an acoustic amp & mono , but I loose some brightness ( be sure to reduce Monitor volume in Kone menu , sweetening helps )

• I tried to install the latest with a usb stick, my kemper is now stuck with the following error message:

unsupported file system (only fat supported). failed to update firmware.

I tried to remove the kaos.bin and replaced with the old one, still the same issue.

Can you insert a USB Stick into the Profiler and format it with the Profiler (USB STICK -> Format Device)? ALL DATA ON THE USB STICK WILL BE LOST x) But it seems that the Profiler can't read your format (as it says on the screen). Always comes in handy to have a fitting Usb stick when working with the profiler..

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Acoustic sim will need more tweaking for me, humbuckers have never been the best mics for acoustic simulators. I had to use extra slots to get something more natural. But this becomes quite noisy. I put a space reverb in slot C to get a more ambient sound. I used a tonedexter profile by Bommel (Tonedexter is tailored to give life to piezo) to give more reality, and some acoustic guitars IRs. I use the delay widener also. I don’t know how I can improve now... is the acoustic sim as good as a piezo, I don’t think so, but this is the most complex fx guitar to create. I thought they would have been inspired from Sim1xt to tone match the guitar, but ok no problem :)

• by popular demand, here is the rig used in my demo ( played on a semi hollow )

That semi hollow body sounds great with the sim! Unfortunately I can't get even close to that using my PRS, regardless of which pickup I use or where I put the Sim settings. If any one has figured this out for a PRS, please help out. I've waited so long for this acoustic sim release in the Kemper, so far nothing sounds very authentic. The closest I've come is using a tweaked Liquid Neve 1073 by Bill Rupert. Perhaps it's the humbuckers, don't know. I'll take suggestions!

Gary ô¿ô

• That semi hollow body sounds great with the sim! Unfortunately I can't get even close to that using my PRS, regardless of which pickup I use or where I put the Sim settings. If any one has figured this out for a PRS, please help out. I've waited so long for this acoustic sim release in the Kemper, so far nothing sounds very authentic. The closest I've come is using a tweaked Liquid Neve 1073 by Bill Rupert. Perhaps it's the humbuckers, don't know. I'll take suggestions!

the same here. Could you try my last rigs in RE called simcustic ? I did them with an EBMM Petrucci. Let me know

• Yes, I tried them version - #3 was the best for me in that bunch. I'm still playing around with all of them, plus others, and all knobs. If you come up with even better, please do let me/everyone know. Thanks Gerald for the good work as always!

Gary ô¿ô

• Put the acoustic sim or wideners in the x slot (or any post amp slot), they’re stereo effects. Then turn off the amp block.

In my experience the sim works very well with humbuckers, but use the neck pickup not the bridge, for single coils use the bridge pickup instead for optimal results. Raise the brass in both, a little bit of sparkle, and use more “pickup” on humbuckers and less on single coils.

Add a nice reverb setting and you’re golden.

• Can you insert a USB Stick into the Profiler and format it with the Profiler (USB STICK -> Format Device)? ALL DATA ON THE USB STICK WILL BE LOST x) But it seems that the Profiler can't read your format (as it says on the screen). Always comes in handy to have a fitting Usb stick when working with the profiler..

I managed to make it work with an old usb stick that was lying around.

All good now, thanks!

• Well, I had to contact support because after playing with 7.5 in performance mode, for a while, I switched to Browser moder to compare my previous patch used for acoustic sounds, to the same patch in performance mode, except using the Acoustic simulator. Both browser and performance lights stayed lit, and a very load noise happened. Then a DSP card failure screen came on. I thought I was resetting 7.42, as it took a very long time, but 7.5 never left. The result after rebooting, was no sound from my Stage at all. Then I got this screen: