OS7.5 Beta now available

• Been playing around with the AcSim and finally have a really good acoustic sound. I am using a guitar that has a piezo that I can blend in with the regular pickup and that helps a lot.

Some things I did were... ACSim in slot C, EQ in slot D. Raised my clean sense for more volume (I don’t lock it and save it per rig). I found that I had to use the high and low cuts in the EQ to filter out any boominess and to get rid of the shrill from the sparkle effect. I set it for around 5400khz.

I also ended up turning on the amp section but not the amp EQ or Cab. Then I mixed in some direct sound and played with the definition

I strongly advice not to use the Lowcut/Highcut for this purpose.

Have you tried the controls of the Acoustic Simulator?

Didn't you succeed to tame the shrillness by bringing down "Bronze" and "Sparkle" ?

• You should check then if your favorite clean amp sounds are too week as well, compared to gainy sounds.

In this case you should readjust Clean Sense accordingly for your guitar. This will also affect Acoustic Simulator Rigs.

thanks Christoph..'will try tomorrow..

• My new Stage has encountered a serious DSP error, since the 7.5 beta update, and I had to open a support ticket. Support was immediately responsive, and contacted me with a possible solution, but to no avail. I'm sure they will respond to my latest reply about the failure. However, one of the weird things going on is that no matter what I've tried, the 7.5 beta OS remains and cannot be reverted backwards. Has anyone else tried to go back to 7.42?

• How did you get the sound of the 3rd piece of this demo? Sounds like the acoustic sim while played with another profile (like 2 sounds at once)? Or is this literally two different tracks? Sounds great, so I’m hoping there is a way to do this.

• I strongly advice not to use the Lowcut/Highcut for this purpose.

Have you tried the controls of the Acoustic Simulator?

Didn't you succeed to tame the shrillness by bringing down "Bronze" and "Sparkle" ?

I did lower the sparkle, it’s at -1.8 and Bronze is at 4. It might be because I am mixing in a piezo that I was still getting way too much high end.

• You should check then if your favorite clean amp sounds are too week as well, compared to gainy sounds.

In this case you should readjust Clean Sense accordingly for your guitar. This will also affect Acoustic Simulator Rigs.

I also wish the AcSim would have a "Volume" Parameter.

I use it like an effect pedal in front of the famous Morgan AC20 rig with decreased gain to have a clean base.

Turning on the Simulator gives me a very good acoustic sound, but the simulator steals a little dynamics.

A volume parameter (as I can see in many other effects) could compare that to my personal taste.

Best Regards from Germany

Bernhard

PS.: 24523452 Thanks for low&high cut in the output section !

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• I did lower the sparkle, it’s at -1.8 and Bronze is at 4. It might be because I am mixing in a piezo that I was still getting way too much high end.

Mixing in a piezo is something that would never work.

If you have a piezo "on tap" you don't need our acoustic simulator.

• How did you get the sound of the 3rd piece of this demo? Sounds like the acoustic sim while played with another profile (like 2 sounds at once)? Or is this literally two different tracks? Sounds great, so I’m hoping there is a way to do this.

Thx, sounds great indeed , this is parallel path , starting from a bandmaster profile & using ACC simulator in slot A or B ( mandatory for parallel path ) then blending thru the rig menu for a % of both . See this vid for explanations. ( from 5:32) works great withh P90

• Use acoustic amp profiles, with acoutic sim and the result will be signyficantly better, especially the woody resonnance wish comes out better ("body").

Since yesterday I am experimenting with the Baldringer acoustic E profile on my Kemper Rack and the SIM on my Kemper head..mixing both within the DAW.

Today maybe I am adding the fishmann triple play into this game.

With a good strat(single coils) I have a "hard bassy piezo" kind of thing from my rack and a "softer brilliant bronce" sound from the head.

I like the result.Sounds like an acoustic but with "more push" and without the

annoying trebly piezo kind of attack.But it is work.

• Mixing in a piezo is something that would never work.

If you have a piezo "on tap" you don't need our acoustic simulator.

yes, I think I am fighting the piezo sound too much, especially the high end sparkle. I am going to take a different approach and try to get the sound from my other electric guitars with AC sim to sound more like my piezo instrument does on its own. Will A/B then as a starting point.