OS7.5 Beta now available

• Putting the Acoustic sim in one of the pre-amp slots is fun if you want to use Parallel path to crossfade, but don't forget Acoustic sim is actually a stereo effect as well! I like it very much in one of the post-amp slots.

I've recorded a very quick and sloppy test with two guitar parts, both my basic Mexican Fender Strat, both with Acoustic sim in X and a compressor in Mod, amp stack disabled. The chords part additionally has the new Delay Widener in the Delay slot.

• No hiss here, Dimarzios and Railhammers tried, sound amazing and versatile. Parallel Path is a blessing but i don't have material that can benefit from that, amazing nonetheless.

What can IR benefit this? Tried with some natural reverb and already does the trick.

Have anyone tried the other options, SPDIF slave gets crackle into the interface. Ensemble set to internal, Kemper to Auto

This is a major update!!!

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Just posted on rig exchange my attempt to get a good acoustic sound. Rig is called Acoustic Sim - UA 710d tube + I am thrilled with the result. I paired the acoustic sim with a profile of a UAD mic preamp and added some nice options for EQ, Reverb, Stereo widening. Profile was specifically designed for my Gretsch Synchromatic.

• Yup, that's the next story.

It has been requested for a long time.

How do you like it?

It's great thanks , but It would be useful the High LOw cut not being a Global output and not affecting the Kone section of the profile ,

example , I don't want it on the Kab Kone section of the profile, I like to keep the low end there on stage or tweak it as I want , so maybe have a separate High Low Cut just for the Kone section itself that is not affected by the GLobal High Low cut , that would be awesome, if possible !

Edited 2 times, last by kriswylde ().

• So if you have a Kemper with 7.5 there is no reason to buy a Fender Acoustasonic Tele guitar?

I would never not buy a new guitar :).....but the sim does a pretty good job, to the point of I think its entirely suitable for live use to save taking an acoustic for certain songs. Its not a replacement for your treasured vintage Martin...

• So if you have a Kemper with 7.5 there is no reason to buy a Fender Acoustasonic Tele guitar?

Yeah sure, especially with the parallel path you can setup lots of cleans & semi acoustic , even more with switching between pickups. I could get some nice dry funky tone on a bridge pickup , and even some piezzo sounding stuff , to my surprise.

• I have started testing different setting for the Acoustic Sim and believe it will work good in a band live mix.
    The benefit is not only to not bring an acoustic guitar for certain songs.
    The additional benefit is when you have to change between electric and acoustic WITHIN a song!

As a rythm player I will be able to use this in a handfull of songs??
    What a great option, either using parallell path morphing as shown in the demo, or just having two presets to swap between.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• The Auto Swell doesn't really work (in performance mode). (I'm using todays latest beta release) I've used auto swell effects a lot, and even got a setting on one of the kemper's delays for years that does a pretty good autoswell, so I'm familiar with the innate limitations of this type of effect.

In any case, sometimes it swells notes, sometimes it doesn't. And yes, I'm aware that the gate doesn't close and allow a new swell, unless I first mute my strings before hitting the next note or chord. Even waiting in complete silence for minute while I type this and the first note I strike isn't swelled. If I keep playing it kicks in for a few seconds and then stops functioning again. I tried picking harder, softer, single notes, chords, plucked chords, etc. Nothing seems to be more or less effective.

For several years, I had created presets for producing a very effective autoswell in the kemper by playing with the swell control and setting the mix at 100% in one of the delay models, always worked, never an issue. After one of the updates in the past year or so, I noticed a similar glitchiness to these rigs in the autoswell I had created with the delay type, in that the autoswell wasn't reliable anymore, but not as bad as what I'm getting with this new autoswell effect. I tried placing it in the D and X slots and with and without the normal compressor I use active in the A slot. The profile I'm using is the same one I used with my "historic" swell rigs and is at a relatively low gain setting. I also tried playing with the input noise gate settings just in case something was up there. I'm also trying this effect out without using Rig Manager. I also have only 100 profiles in my KPA.

*Edit: I tried it in browse mode and it seemed to work reliably and effectively, even in the same exact rig that I couldn't get to work in performance mode. Thus the issue is something with performance mode. ( I've also had an issue using 7.3 where it moves profiles around in performance mode, after powering off, and yes I saved the rig/performance before changing performances and shutting the unit down) Finally I went back to peformance mode after my success in browser mode, and dialing in the autoswell effect in the exact same rig I did before and this time it worked a bit better, though still not as reliably as I could get in Browse mode.

• There's also a glitch in 7.5 performance mode that renames your slots. Using the performance mode, I was in performance 5. In performance 5, I had selected the rig with Browse "living hope" saved the performance and even left that performance and returned and it still showed "living hope" in the slot and on the remote. But when I went to a different performance and decided to move that performance to another location (not even the one where my "living hope" rig resided, but further away) when I returned to permanence 5, the slots were not just renamed but actually replaced to rigs that had previously resided there, weeks ago, before I placed the "living hope" rig in its place. I know 100% the issue isn't me forgetting to hit save before leaving the performance. Sometimes it won't rename the slot to the rig name when I browse for a new rig. Sometimes it will. Since all of my "rigs" have been renamed to song titles, but were created by first going to go a few "template" rigs I use on a regular basis in browse mode, editing and Save-As-ing them with the song title, I don't know what is goin on.

What is frustrating is that I have been experiencing similar glitchy behavior in the most currently available OS release, not just this beta

• *Edit: I tried it in browse mode and it seemed to work reliably and effectively, even in the same exact rig that I couldn't get to work in performance mode. Thus the issue is something with performance mode. ( I've also had an issue using 7.3 where it moves profiles around in performance mode, after powering off, and yes I saved the rig/performance before changing performances and shutting the unit down) Finally I went back to peformance mode after my success in browser mode, and dialing in the autoswell effect in the exact same rig I did before and this time it worked a bit better, though still not as reliably as I could get in Browse mode.

Just a thought but have you checked the input settings. These are independent between Browser and Performance mode. Even if they are locked the two modes could be different. If your Noise gate or clean sens settings are different it might account for different triggering.

• Just a thought but have you checked the input settings. These are independent between Browser and Performance mode. Even if they are locked the two modes could be different. If your Noise gate or clean sens settings are different it might account for different triggering.

good suggestion. I’ll double check that, however I did play around with the noise gate a bunch from totally off, to most of the way up and couldn’t get it to work. I should see about clean sens, but that’s set about where it ought to be.

• I know this is a dumb question, as using beta on production is never a good idea, but have you guys who have been using the beta think it is stable enough to use for a gig? Only new feature I'd really be using would be the acoustic simulator on a few songs. Having the acoustic sim isn't super important to me, so if it is really buggy or unstable, I'll just stick with the older release I've been using.

• I know this is a dumb question, as using beta on production is never a good idea, but have you guys who have been using the beta think it is stable enough to use for a gig? Only new feature I'd really be using would be the acoustic simulator on a few songs. Having the acoustic sim isn't super important to me, so if it is really buggy or unstable, I'll just stick with the older release I've been using.

I've always followed the rule of NEVER using a Beta OS for gigs. Followed it right up until last week when I decided to install it - and it later gave me error screens that I couldn't get rid of until the Kemper support team told me how to reset everything. To me, the acoustic sim is a fun toy - but after having sat with it more, I find that's all it is in terms of live performances. Even with EQ, I couldn't get the full body sound that I was looking for and when someone else plays a real acoustic at the same time, it got buried. So (IMO) it's definitely not worth the risk.

• I've always followed the rule of NEVER using a Beta OS for gigs. Followed it right up until last week when I decided to install it - and it later gave me error screens that I couldn't get rid of until the Kemper support team told me how to reset everything. To me, the acoustic sim is a fun toy - but after having sat with it more, I find that's all it is in terms of live performances. Even with EQ, I couldn't get the full body sound that I was looking for and when someone else plays a real acoustic at the same time, it got buried. So (IMO) it's definitely not worth the risk.

Thanks for the info. Gonna hold off until after my next gig. Don't think we have anything lined up for a while after that.