How do I copy a reverb or other effects?

• I don’t want to get into the locking unlocking scenario in the editor. It’s much quicker to just do that on the front panel of the unit to just copy and paste.
    How do I save it as a preset in the editor? Clicked around for ages today and could not see any options. That way, I can just drag it from a separate window. Even having to have two windows open seems unintuitive.
    I have not used the program for nearly a year really. Been avoiding it after people were reporting problems with Performances being overwritten. The last time I used it, there wasn’t even the editor. wanted to install it though on one unit too see how the acoustic sim was.
    Have to say, the preset and copying aspect seem pretty badly implemented to say it’s an editor. The most obvious thing to do would be able to right click on an effects icon and be able to copy or save that effect in my mind.

• Also, is there a way having a perfectly blank initialised rig without all the authors info.
    I stupidly spent ages today setting up an acoustic sound. It was a factory rig from a sound i had just been trying.
    Even though I was not even using the authors amp or cab as they were disabled, it still had the original authors name that could not be edited out.
    Spent ages on it before i noticed it but in the end, I didn’t even bother saving it as it would always show up as someone else rig even though i was using nothing from that author. Added to they fact I could not copy or save the effects block, I just turned it all off. ???

• you can create a preset in RM by just dragging the effect block into the presets window. on the main menu tree on the left side make sure you have the presets folder open then just drag and drop.

i agree about the copy and paste options being unintuitive in many cases and the second window open thing is a bit of a pain too much of the time. you can load rigs to performance slots in several ways. Copy and Paste, drag from a second window or select the slot you want to populate (make sure it is definitely highlighted as a few times I tried I thought it was highlighted but it hadn’t done so) then navigate to the rig you want to load and double click the rig.

• Thanks so much for the replies.

Seems like most standard things on this editor take longer than just using the unit. Never known an editor before where you can’t right click and copy, paste and save.
    Probably best to just avoid it unless I have to manage performances.
    once again. Thanks. ???

• Thanks so much for the replies.

Seems like most standard things on this editor take longer than just using the unit. Never known an editor before where you can’t right click and copy, paste and save.
    Probably best to just avoid it unless I have to manage performances.
    once again. Thanks. ???

I think they are aware of this because it was mentioned some time. :) I do copy&paste on the unit, not every setting is worth saving to the local database and I don't want to clean up every week :D

• Vinny, I was thinking about your naming problem. Not sure if I fully understand what you are asking but here's my interpretation.

If you are referring to the Rig itself rather than a performance slot with a rig loaded. Just click in the Author tag in RM and retype any name you want then hit store rig. If you want to do it on the profiler itself hit the Rig button then the Rig Tags soft button then hit Edit Tags. Job's a good'un.

Likewise, if you want to change the author of a Performance - click on the Author tag in the performance itself and retype then store. On the KPA Edit soft button above the performance name.

• Vinny, I was thinking about your naming problem. Not sure if I fully understand what you are asking but here's my interpretation.

If you are referring to the Rig itself rather than a performance slot with a rig loaded. Just click in the Author tag in RM and retype any name you want then hit store rig. If you want to do it on the profiler itself hit the Rig button then the Rig Tags soft button then hit Edit Tags. Job's a good'un.

Likewise, if you want to change the author of a Performance - click on the Author tag in the performance itself and retype then store. On the KPA Edit soft button above the performance name.

I meant that you have to start a fresh acoustic sim Rig from an existing one. In my case, it was an amp I had just been trying out from one of the Kemper folders of extra sounds.
    So, once I got bored of that, I decided to try out the new acoustic sim. So, I disabled the amp and cab and selected the acoustic sim. Added a few effects and eq. Once I was happy, went to save it but could not overwrite the original author of the Rig I had started from. One field was unavailable to edit with my info and was permanently set to the original author. All the others I could change.
    So, I was wondering if there is a way to start with a completely blank canvas when setting up an acoustic sim Rig without any of that info filled in.

• i think you might have been using a rig from the Kemper Factory Content. If I recall correctly you can’t chathe Author for them but everything else should be fine. I’m not aware of a way to start completely blank but to be honest haven’t actually tried it.

Yes, it was from the Factory Content. Pretty annoying you can’t Just have an empty placeholder Rig for new acoustic rigs.
    Will just use my own profiles to start from next time.
    Once again, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.