Overdrive updates

• Wrong! The tube screamer came out 1979 and was licensed from Maxon until 83.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• So is the green scream supposed to be a play off the tubescreamer?

• Just started using a Wampler Dual Fusion and loving it in front of my KPA

I have the same pedal and also think it's awesome!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Like ninety-nine percent of every guitar tone we’ve ever loved has at least a pedal or two in the signal chain. Boost or distortion or a goosed eq or a fuzz. Comp.

99% since when?

In the 60s and 70s you had fuzz and wah..did I miss something?It was all about power amp saturation and a lot of deaf guitar hereos..In the 80s the blues guys got the TS since SRV made it popular..first dist pedals in the 80s must have been the "most hated subjects of the decade"..preamp distortion became the big thing.An with it a whole army of amp modders everywhere.

It was the 90s which brought the pedal madness.And yes..since then it is 99% of every guitar tone I don't like which has a pedal in it..

Anyway.For me right now the green scream and the boosts & shapers are more than enough to get what I want pedalwise..but for sure I am very curious what the pedal upgrade will bring us.

• I've bought more drive pedals since buying the Kemper than in the previous 10 years.

In the last 2 weeks I've added these, and have my KoT in transit (after a 3+ year wait)

(the Durple is a modded Lovepedal Kalamazoo clone, the WildFro is a modded Suhr Riot clone - pretty cool pedals - an very affordable)

Having more pedal models in the Kemper is icing on the cake !

• Sure but you can use any OD pedal and no one will ever know which pedal you used. It's the same with pickups. It might be just a tiny bit that difference between A and B but you experience that B sounds a little better than A. But when another player uses A you experience that that sounds better. Well at least for him/her. So is the original Klon pedal very few have acually used, the holy grail of tones. Of course not. But myths are created and have their own life. Brands keep on making sure myths continue for marketing. It's like Ibanez. The original one was a licensed product from Maxon. But does that make the majority of guitar players buying Maxon? No they want the Ibanez tube-screamer. It doens't matter that it doesn't sound excactly like the original. The same is true with the tone wood bs. This is how psychology works. Tell ppl something and that's what they will believe and hear and make them believe they're not already biased based on the knowledge they've heard is true. This is true no matter if it's music or anything else commercial product or politics. Make them believe what you want them to believe and you have a customer or a voter. Hopefully for the rest of their lifes.

• I know I blither on about this but I don't get it...

Every time I've used an external drive pedal, its added noise and hassle. I then find myself unclear if I'm setting my amp to clean and using the pedal drive or balancing drives. I know the answer is you can do either but why? Most of the time ( and I'm talking about OD and gain pedals) you need them to make up for deficiencies in a single channel/limited channel amp. In the car world the premise is if you want a fast car, you start with a fast car, not try to turn a slow car into a fast one. I know its not as binary as that but I also don't think its much more than gain and eq...

In the analogue world it makes sense rather than run multi-amp set ups. In the digital world it seems less relevant.

I totally get the link back to the analogue world, the fun of trying new pedals...hey we've all had GAS, but I'm a bit relieved I've had now amp GAS since having a KPA..

That said, I am excited that the Kemper team will produce something to get the "pedal heads" ( and I mean that affectionately) revved up!

• I don't get any added noise with a external OD pedal if I put it in front of the kemper. Or did you use them in the loop?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• even the value of having a button to push that doesn't do much except bolster your confidence. I call those "nothing" buttons, great for when I'm suddenly doubting myself.

Yep, i often feel I need one of these TS pedals to get me through the night ?