Overdrive updates

• I don't get any added noise with a external OD pedal if I put it in front of the kemper. Or did you use them in the loop?

Not used one in front of the KPA, I meant in general in front of an amp. I see the KPA as "just" an amp.

Of course my comments are very general and in my experience OD pedals add more noise - almost by definition they will. Increasing gain in an amp will also add noise but in my experience stacking the gains adds more, along with cable interference etc.

• Honestly the Kemper team can't update the overdrive stomps with all the pedals in the world. The existing will be updated for sure eventually. Maybe we will see a few more of the most popular and requested but that's it. You still can buy and use your own in front, or in the loop, other pedals. No matter what I will still be using my modded Maxon OD-9. And there's a ton of profiles that have different od-pedals baked in.

I could really care less which ones as LONG AS IT HAPPENS.

I have my own baked in, but I would certainly love the option to add to some of my profiles that don't.

• To be honest. The only "magic pedal" I ever got in over three decades of music making ..the one that enhanced my tone and the way I play..was all the great singers in my bands...you know..the ones with the built in "interaction" thing..

The only difference..I never kicked them before I started my solos..:S

• To be honest. The only "magic pedal" I ever got in over three decades of music making ..the one that enhanced my tone and the way I play..was all the great singers in my bands...you know..the ones with the built in "interaction" thing..

The only difference..I never kicked them before I started my solos..:S

That is both funny AND true!!

Nothing better than not having to worry about other band members. The best drummers are those who are obvious i.e. they show in advance what they are doing....you never doubt if they remember a break coming up because they signal with a small roll or something else...

• hehehe.. sorry folks..but yes it is true..

Band chemistry and a fantastic voice..what's better than that?Nothing!

No magic pedal..at least not for me..

PS

Just recently I tried a britt fender profile and put a green scream in front of it..and this "nice little clean profile" took fire..so dont get me wrong.I like good pedals.;)

• Theres definitely some magic in great connections between band members and a band being in sync and on point. That's something special to behold for sure! ^^

As far as the ODs go, I just hope they update them soon. The Axe FX III and FM3 firmware was just updated and had some new ODs added. Even a Precision Drive! || Which is an OD designed for tightening up high gain amps. I'm like, praying and hoping that something similar is added to the stomps with the OD updates, or that there will be a way to recreate that OD with whatever parameters are utilized for the general OD stomp if that's the route they go. The Precision Drive was amazing when I tried it but I can't afford one. It'd be awesome to have an option like that in the Kemper.

Honestly, seeing how many ODs are in the Axe FX III and FM3, compared to the Kemper, is super sad and disappointing lol. It legitimately bummed me out to see my favorite OD added to the dozens of ODs already in the Axe FX. I'm stoked for everyone who uses Fractal gear. But, it would be nice to have those kinds of options in the Kemper.

I know these things take time so I'm not rushing the update. I'm just saying, seeing another competing product that already has such a large variety of ODs compared to the Kemper, get even more really great ODs added while we're all waiting and putting in feature requests for ODs all the time, kind of sucks lol.

I hope that they update them in the near future at least! But regardless, I still love my Kemper lol.

• Dont get me wrong..I also wait (eagerly)for the overdrive updates.I really love me some pedals for certain sounds and voicings..

It is just that I dont believe in the "magic pedal" thing I have seen with so many guitar players during the last 20 years.Thats all.

• I'm kind of 'meh' on the overdrive updates. I won't *not* use them if/when they arrive. However, a 3 loop midi switcher with three OD's takes one slot, gives me numerous combos and the ability to swap out for another flavor when I want. Toss in something like a Source Audio LA Lady and the myriad options that crazy thing has?

In one slot? Yes, please.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Using an OD as a clean booster it doesn't matter that much which one you use. All ODs can be used to tighten up the amp. So there's no magic with the Precision Drive.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Using an OD as a clean booster it doesn't matter that much which one you use. All ODs can be used to tighten up the amp. So there's no magic with the Precision Drive.

When the OD's are released, I've going to be reaching out to you to help me tap into these as I think I need educating :)

Real guitarists don't need pedals - JOKE :)

Its going to be really interesting to see Kempers approach because history tells me it won't just be a list of new OD's...

Whoa lol I didn't say there was any magic with the precision drive. Just that it's my fav OD pedal and that it hasn't been attainable for me. It was amazing for tightening up an amp (what it was made for) compared to some other pedals I tried to do the same thing with alongside the Precision Drive.

And a good number of OD pedals can be used to tighten up high gain amps, yes. But the Precision Drive has an Attack and Bright knob to tighten up the low end response, dial in the mids, and dial in the high end so it'll cut. So it's unique in that way. It's definitely ONE of the best ODs for tightening up high gain amps. (aside from a tube screamer, but the precision drive doesn't have such a gnarly mid hump if I'm remembering correctly)

There are definitely other ODs that tighten up high gain amps, but the Precision Drive was made specifically for that purpose. And It's just easier and simpler to tighten up high gain amps with a pedal thats designed for that purpose.

Yeah you can use any Booster as an OD but it won't always tighten the amp up, especially if you're working with high gain. Actually, I've seen some OD pedals used in conjunction with high gain amps, not tighten up the amp at all and make it "fart" out and fall apart. And it happens with some ODs because not all can be used for the specific purpose of tightening up a high gain beast haha. If an OD has a lot of bass in it or depending on the circuit, it could not tighten up the amp at all and do the opposite. Even if you're not using any Drive from the pedal, there will always be the overall EQ characteristics of the pedal being pushed into the amp so that can often cause the sound to fall apart with high gain. Especially since the EQ characteristics of OD pedals varies so much. So if you're using an OD pedal as a "clean boost", it isn't 100% clean of a boost because the ODs EQ is a factor. But there definitely are some other options. For me personally, the Precision Drive is perfect for what I'm trying to do. It's just easier with a pedal that's made for tightening up an amp.

I was just saying that the Precision Drive being added to another unit was kind of a bummer for me lol. And I'm hoping there'll be something similar, or a way to achieve something similar (aside from an EQ and Tube Screamer) in the new OD update:) I definitely wasn't claiming any magic is in the Precision Drive or anything lol. Sorry if it seemed like I was claiming anything like that. It's just an OD pedal haha

I think you might have misread some of what I was saying lol;) all good, misinterpretation happens to all of us, including me! ^^ No hard feelings :)

(I was saying there's a certain magic when a whole band is in sync and grooving together and when a band is on point:) I think thats where some confusion happened. No worries! ^^)