EQing for low tunings/7 strings.

• I’ve noticed I have to roll bass off more and increase treble. Could any one give more some of their experiences doing this? I use r.u.srious dual rectifier redmod profile mostly for my rhythm channel.

Kemper Stage

ISP Stealth Pro power amp

Mesa Boogie 4x12 Rectifier slant cabinet

ESP/E-II Guitars

EMG 57/66 pickups

Edited once, last by Xombie2000 ().

• on my 7 string bass if I want to have guitar AND bass sound I used parallel path for slot A+B with Eq to cut high and boost Low frequencies. In this configuration I use gt amp profile such as Fender Princeton, Twin, Deluxe Reverb or some vintage amps.

You can modify a lot the sound with the AMP and CAB parameters.

Otherwise normally with 7 strings bass i use amp profiles such as Aguilar Tone Hammer or some MarkBass and SWR without cabs

it depends also what kind of "physical" amplifier you use to hear the profiler; I have Alto FRFR speakers.

In the end the profiler offers you so many possibilities that it depends what kind of sound you're looking for.

cheers

F

• if this is something that you want to apply globally to all rigs you can now save low cut and hi cut settings in the Output Menu

I was unable to find it in the output settings. What page is it on of the 8?

Kemper Stage

ISP Stealth Pro power amp

Mesa Boogie 4x12 Rectifier slant cabinet

ESP/E-II Guitars

EMG 57/66 pickups

• I use low tuning a lot (Main guitar is 8string).

As said the usual Low Cut from 80hz to 120hz and High cut from 8000hz to 12000hz will help to balance the tone.

Also cutting about 1-2dB (with narrow Q) somewhere between 125-300hz will get rid off some of the muddy frequenzies.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*