KAOS 7.5 Beta and RM 3.0.126.16324 issues. Performances being overwritten AGAIN

• Upgraded to the 7.5 beta today, along with the new RM release, and once again, performanbces have been saved without me doing anything.

I have a performance in slot 2 called GREENBACKS, and one in slot 3 called PLEXI. I was last in performance 3 on slot 1 when I turned the Kemper off yeesterday - I didn't save anything as no changes were made. I updated to the new 7.5 earlier, and once it rebooted, it has copied the name of performance 2 onto performance 3, and also the details from slots 2 to 5 of performance 2 into performance 3... as well as renaming slot one of performance 3!

This is getting a bit crazy now, as there seems to be continous issues with how the new RM handles and saves performances (or doesn't). Here are a couple of screengrabs:

https://imgur.com/a/0A9EJs7

• This is getting a bit crazy now, as there seems to be continous issues with how the new RM handles and saves performances (or doesn't). Here are a couple of screengrabs:

i think you should start to watch a bit closer to what you do before this apparently happens. i'm pretty certain that things do not just save themselves just like this. we're not seeing those things here.

note, when you start Rig Manager it will sync the content of your Profiler. So, assuming that things change over night the pretty much only chance for this to happen is that those changes you did never made it to your Profiler. And this could well have to do with an issue related to the connection. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• i think you should start to watch a bit closer to what you do before this apparently happens. i'm pretty certain that things do not just save themselves just like this. we're not seeing those things here.

note, when you start Rig Manager it will sync the content of your Profiler. So, assuming that things change over night the pretty much only chance for this to happen is that those changes you did never made it to your Profiler. And this could well have to do with an issue related to the connection. I'm just thinking out loud here.

With all due respect, I think I'd know if I saved it manually - and there were no changes made to the profiler that would have needed to be reflected in RM. It is also not 'apparently' happening, it IS happening. As stated, I did not save anything either via RM or the Kemper before this happened; this occured directly after the upgrade procedure.

The upgrade workflow for me was:

1. Turn on Kemper

2. Load RM

3. Update via RM

I'm just going to downgrade and wait for the release, as the latest beta's have been far too buggy IMO.

• FarleyUK do what you prefer to do, I just wanted to help. In the end, you're the one who's claiming that this happened before ("and once again"). So I'd assume that rolling back to a previous version will not necessarily change anything for you. When I said "watch a bit closer", I didn't mean that you should take care of what you do. What I was trying to say is that you watch a bit closer what happens, sorry if that came across wrongly. Because if you find more information, we might be able to help more.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• FarleyUK do what you prefer to do, I just wanted to help. In the end, you're the one who's claiming that this happened before ("and once again"). So I'd assume that rolling back to a previous version will not necessarily change anything for you. When I said "watch a bit closer", I didn't mean that you should take care of what you do. What I was trying to say is that you watch a bit closer what happens, sorry if that came across wrongly. Because if you find more information, we might be able to help more.

Fair enough, understood - I'll try rolling back, and then re-installing 7.5 beta again and see if the same thing happens.

• maybe there was an issue in performance saved with 7.4 when loaded with 7.5 because (and I'm quite paranoid about bkup and doublecheck when saving) I also had problem with performances when I switched on 7.5. some slot were empty.

now everything seems ok.

I have a question also are the rig stored in the performance a copy of the ones I can use in browse mode ? because if you rename a rig in browser it doesn't change in performance

thanks

Fabrizio

• Quick update - just went to revert back to release version, and before I did, I saw that the performances in slot 3 are now correct; it's showing the correct names, and has the correct rigs etc. Very odd!

• I've seen odd things immediately after an update, and I've decided that there is sometimes an issue between RM and the KPA that can be resolved by simply rebooting the KPA and relaunching RM, such that they both resync from an initialized state. So I now do that first thing after an update that involves both.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I noticed something a while ago I think I reported it at the time but I might be wrong (I’m getting old and forgetful ?) so bear with me.

I think I might have noticed a situation where I accidentally made some performances In RM with the KPA Broswer Mode. In this case the performances saved automatically. however, when making a performance with the KPA set to Performance mode I had to physically store the performance. I wonder if this did happen (or is just my imagination).

FarleyUK could you try making a performance with the KPA set to Browser Mode and see if you get this behaviour. Its maybe a long shot but it might help find the root of your problem.

• I noticed something a while ago I think I reported it at the time but I might be wrong (I’m getting old and forgetful ?) so bear with me.

I think I might have noticed a situation where I accidentally made some performances In RM with the KPA Broswer Mode. In this case the performances saved automatically. however, when making a performance with the KPA set to Performance mode I had to physically store the performance. I wonder if this did happen (or is just my imagination).

FarleyUK could you try making a performance with the KPA set to Browser Mode and see if you get this behaviour. Its maybe a long shot but it might help find the root of your problem.

I'll try, but I NEVER use browse mode... I always stay in performance mode.