UPDATE TIME LINE

• chris, or any of the kemper team:
    would it be possible to get an estimate of when the unit will start to receive some upgrades?
    i.e. performance mode, copy & paste, effects improvements, a foot controller, etc...........
    i have had my unit quite awhile & there has been VERY little upgrades, with the exception of bug fixes or MINOR tweaks.
    PLEASE...................... :S

• Undo and Redo don't, and because that and perform mode (and various other things) don't work unfortunately you'll find that people assume that some things don't work when in fact they do. It gives the impression that you can't depend on things.

There were in fact lots of updates at the beginning, once every 2 weeks, there weren't many features added though. The current wait for an update is the longest now at about a month, so as it's taking over twice as long then I'd expect it to be a much bigger one.

The trouble is that it's unrealistic to expect a timeline on this sort of short term development, it's ready when it's ready. The product is still very young (a matter of a handful of months old, and still not even out in some markets), so I don't see anything to be worried about.

You get the feeling that quite a few folks expect everything to be done yesterday with this, but the reality is that we've all bought into an early access program, this product would be the same no matter who was producing it at this point, whether it was a larger or smaller company, nothing comes magically complete, and no tech product is ever finished either, merely abandoned (apart from support), everything has to go through these stages. Being in an early access program has benefits such as we can use the technology right now, as well as downsides such as it's not complete yet. As frustrating as it is that gives customers only two options - like it or lump it. Personally I like it, I appreciate having this right now even with it's omissions and as a developer myself and knowing how that works I'm comfortable with the speed of progress, that doesn't mean I don't want more from this unit, but simply that at this time I'm prepared to wait for it because the rest is so exceptional. If I wasn't then my unit would be up for sale.

• I personally have generally come to enjoy my KPA and am liking it for what it is most days. I feel like it is the right solution for ME and without further upgrade it would probably still work for me. But I undestand some of the impatience out there.

I think you have three types of functions people are waiting for: 1) those functions expected and promised (e.g., bug fixes, performance mode, undo); 2) those expected and hinted at (e.g., foot controller, additional fx, many firmware updates at a rapid clip from statements that CK made that we should look at the past history of how fast/many updates there were and use that as a guide); and 3) those hoped for but not hinted at (e.g., general usability enhancements and great additions otherwise unexpected).

Regarding #1, those should be a gimme. They should relatively quick and plentiful - especially those issues dealing with stability. I think the KPA has been pretty stable for me now but there seem to be other still not trusting it. But there are still some of these "basic" functions that are not operable.

Regarding #2, those we should also get at a "reasonable" pace since the hints are used as enticement to sell the product also. And again, the longer it takes for there to be any movement in this category, the more people feel that nothing is being done.

With respect to #3, Kemper does not owe us these types of enhancements. However, as the KPA competes with the AxeFX and arguably there have been a few of these type additions, I would recommend that KPA take this category seriously also. You can come back and say that Line 6 does not generally do this type of upgrade, but I just get the feeling that KPA is targeting a different model than Line 6. I know people will chime in that the KPA does not and should not compete with the AFXII, but I think that is not the real world.

A loss of credibility in the development or hope in future improvement of the product at this price level could be disasterous. I AM NOT saying that we are there yet. I am just saying that it seems a number of people are getting antsy and the company may have to throw them a bone sooner rather than later.

• CK, if the performance mode is no longer a "priority" can we ask what is the most "urgent" priorities for the unit?
    from your website;
    Yet to be finished:
    - Performance Mode
    - Undo/Redo
    - Selective Browse (Soon it will be directly browse through all cabs of all rigs. We call it Selective Browse, and it will also be available for amp, eq, stomps and effects. It will look the same as browsing through the local presets). Those funktions will soon be available by firmware update.

could you at least give us some realistic expectations for the future of the unit? please. :?: