• All

One thing I struggle with is the mismatch of volume when reamping. For example if I plug into the Kemper and set input as front input the sound is full and reactive through my studio monitors. If I then set the same setting to SPDIF input and leave all levels in my DAW at 0, so I am not attenuation or turning down the signal, the volume loss or more the amps reaction to my playing is incredible. I have to put the SPDIF reamp volume up to +12 to almost level the signal out then turn the SPDIF volume down to - 6.

What is also strange is when set to SPDIF Input to reamp the input clips but if I set it to Front Input it does not.

This got me looking around at alternatives so I spend more time playing and less time leveling the DI signal out to create a unity signal. I came across Two Notes and noticed that they self balance the DI input based on the original guitar level.

Would this be possible to create within the Kemper.

MATCHTM function

This Two notes innovation is the solution to the problem of level adjustment when re-amplifying. MATCHTM compares the signal as it comes from the guitar (plugged to the DI input) with the signal that has been recorded (and which is sent to the REPLAYTM Line Input) so that what you send to the amp is the ideal level only. Now you can be sure that the signal you send from the DAW is exactly what your guitar itself would be sending.

[Blocked Image: https://www.two-notes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Loupe_MATCH.png]

• Wheresthedug

How did you find the Torpedo? I am starting to find the profiles I have used since I purchased the Kemper are starting to sound more and more fizzy (talking AFD here not a 5150). Through my guitar cab they sound great (DI and Studio with cab off profiles) but through my DAW I am finding with each update the sound may actually be getting worse and due to the sheer volume of options with each update it is becoming more and more complex to troubleshoot issues.

To ensure its not just me, and as I have some cubase templates with eq and compression plus some busses set up, I plan on doing some testing today, if it proves the Kemper is indeed contributing I may look at a torpedo to use with my Silver Jubilee.

It's odd, I looked back and I actually write less music with the Kemper. I wrote loads when I just had my JVM so considering going back to amps.

Anyway it would be good to hear how you rate the Torpedo.

Cheers

Mike