assignable pedals for each RIG

• Joshua, I totally agree that there are many things which could be tweaked and improved. The Kemper isn’t perfect.

I often see the “scenes” example mentioned but just don’t get it to be honest. I see the 5 Performance Slots as 5 scenes already.

less programming, less time spent on creating performances, less time tweaking, more time playing.

Example :

switch 1 : delay + chorus

Switch 2 : delay + noise gate + green scream

Switch 3 : chorus + octaver + green scream

Switch 4 : tremolo + delay

in one rig you can have a lot of multiples choices without having to create 4 dedicated rigs just because you can’t assign one module to différents switches.

Exactly like an analog pedal switcher works.

• In my mind I jUST copy the same rig to five slots then make the various FX combinations for each of the slots. Basically that's scenes without the need for a lot of programming.

The current FX buttons I to IIII can obviously turn on/off multiple things at the same time with a single press so a lot is possible already. However, I can see how the simple ability to remove the current exclusivity from each effect/button combination would be a very nice addition. For example if I currently have delay on/off assigned to button I, I can't assign delay on/off to any other button. The ability to have two buttons control the delay would allow many more combinations. However, I think there is a fundamental problem achieving this in the current Kemper logic. The Kemper buttons don't send an on/off message but rather toggle the current state. This presumably makes it impossible to attach the same effect to multiple footswitches. To achieve the "scenes" approach would probably require a fundamental change to the Kemper code but this would potentially reduce flexibility in many other areas.

I used to use a traditional midi controller (FCB1010 and RJM Mastermind) which could achieve what you want because they use midi on/off. However, I stopped using them because the plug and play nature of the Toaster/Remote combination was just so quick and easy to use (no programming). The trade off for that ease of use was a loss of some flexibility.

• The Kemper buttons don't send an on/off message but rather toggle the current state.

This !

Example :

switch 1 : delay + chorus

Switch 2 : delay + noise gate + green scream

Switch 3 : chorus + octaver + green scream

Switch 4 : tremolo + delay

I suppose that you need this state active for each cases (every effects are engaged by pressing the choosen switch).

But today it means ;

switch 1 : delay + chorus (from switch 2 or 4 you disengage the delay, from SW3 the chorus)

Switch 2 : delay + noise gate + green scream (from SW 1 or 4 delay disengaged, SW 3 ; scream disengaged)

Switch 3 : chorus + octaver + green scream (from Sw 1 ; chorus disengaged ; from Sw 2 ; scream disengaged)

Switch 4 : tremolo + delay (from 1 or 2 ; delay disengaged)

If they bring us this possibility it would be more complicated to programm the device. You should exactly know the songs' steps, where you are starting from and which switches you gonna press and in which order....

We can already put many effects per switch to engage/disengage FX.

I join Wherethedug that performances' Rig slots are easier and correspond to "scenes" or "snaphots"....

They could eventually change the switch behaviour to move toward this solution. But i think we would be Much more annoyed/angry, cause in your exemple ;

OK, i'm switch 1 and want to disengage the delay ; How do i do that ? --> Switch 3, do i need chorus + Octaver + green scream ? This is the only solution to get rid of delay......

• it’s just need to be programmed as an option per performances.

• it’s just need to be programmed as an option per performances.

It could be implemented but "THIS" would always stay a problem :

OK, i'm switch 1 and want to disengage the delay ; How do i do that ? --> Switch 3, do i need chorus + Octaver + green scream ? This is the only solution to get rid of delay......

I'm not convinced that this solution would really be practical and use by many of us just for this reason.

And i understand @Burkhard when he was talking about "debugging".

Even for 2 morphs pedals, i'm not really convinced, even if it seems to be a cool thing.

Our profiler are done to share profiles with the community too.

I don't know how it is already works with a Kone Rig setup (mean kone tick, imprint tick, etc...).

Do you share all the parameters ? Do you obligate the receiver to "have" a kone or to look at those settings to erase them today ?

I imagine a morph pedal "1" ; increase volume, decrease gain and morph pedal "2" ; increase delay time, delay mix and scream mix.

I receive this rig, i have to check all the stuff to understand what has been done by the writer.... How do i check what is where ?

Today, when i take a rig i can quickly see what has been done. Switch 1-4, i see colour lights , i press see what is engaged/disengaged per switch , no more question, There's a morph, it's ok, it takes a little time on the hardware, i can eventually check that with Rig manager...

But i don't want to control all the rigs i take....

I understand that it could be cool to have more possibilities but it doesn't have to become a nightmare or a drawback.

The possibilities are limited but it's easier to understand quicly what has been done.

I remember when i had my Helix, i've taken some presets on L6 exchange community.

I had some awful stuff i've never understood why ?! There was no FX loop, so the configuration seemed to be like mine --> FRFR, never understand how it could sound good....

One more time, i had no sound, a lot of blocks. There was a dB at 0 in the input block....No comment, just wasted time to find where it was (and the sound wasn't wonderful at the end), and so on....

At the end, i made my own presets (simple and basic ones). It sounded good !

Sometimes what is better is the enemy of what is good.

• you are talking about something else.

Right now you can also download or browse rigs in Rm that makes no sense.

I don’t talk about multiple effects presets per rig, but just a switching system.

If you download a rig or go to RM you can just switch on/off the modules exactly like you do now. It has nothing to do with how the effects in the modules are programmed.

I’m just talkin about a switching system dedicated to the I II III IV switches here. Just to have more options.

• My point still stands though. The Kemper logic doesn't turn On/Off effect modules. It toggles their state so having the same effect assigned to more than one pedal creates potential conflicts. This would probably require a complete departure from the current Kemper logic and doesn't seem to be something they would be keen to adopt. The approach yuou need is still available via midi controllers though.

• Mine stand still too.

I’m not talking about mixing those « logics » but having the choice between them not mixing them as I think you’re talking about.

Having a « scene effect » option in the rig menu that could switch to this logic.

Of course In my request there’s no way to select 2 effects scenes at once. It’s not multiple on/off at the same time. So telling a switch to engage A-B-mod and the other one A-C-delay does not seem to be a problem.

It more a matter of « we don’t want to do it » than « it’s not how the system can work »

• I see you point. Kemper would need to create two separate logic states - regular footswitch and scenes. That would definitely be more complex both to create and for users. However, I also see that for some users this would be of sufficient value/benefit to make that attractive. Personally, I don't think it is attractive enough and if I wanted to work that way I would use one of my old midi controllers instead of the Remote.

There is also a valid argument which says something like - "you just don't know what you are missing until someone gives it to you, then it becomes indispensable from that day on". I fully accept that might be the case here.

I think your last last line is the crux of the issue. Kemper have never tried to be all things to all people. They have their way of doing things which they passionately believe is correct. They have never shown any interest in adding 'me too' features just because a competitor offers it. However, they do have a history of listening and changing their stance if enough people can put forward a compelling argument for concrete benefits. I don't have any inside scoop on what they are thinking regarding this matter but I know they won't be ignoring it. They also have a history of not telling users what they are working on until it is ready to Beta test.

Only time will tell here.

• I'm not sure I understand how that would work. Could you elaborate slightly?

A lock that only remembers/lock the effect slot on or off state, not the contents of the effect slot.

It’s one of those i’ve requested for years. Even my Boss GX700 was able to do that. I had a midi-box build to circumvent the non existence of this feature in the kemper.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I've understood what you are talking about.

I suppose your behaviour won't be applied to all rigs (i hope so if you want "flexibility").

So, it means that you can have Rigs with Toggles on/off and rigs with "recall effects". It's gonna be diffficult for every one to remember how they configured each rigs...

If i buy/take/share Rigs, how it's gonna work ? I have to investigate what happens on switches behaviour for every rigs i download....

Or my profiler will force this behaviour and i will have the opposite the rig's maker had set ? Or the download will lost every switches programmation and i will have to do it again although it has already done before ?

IMHO, the current structure is pretty good (and corresponds to many competitors) :

Performance = Presets

Slots = Snaphots = Scenes

Switches = Stomp mode

Morph = 1/2 Snapshot or Learning control

Multiply the possibilities can become boring and unproductive....

• A simple « S » on the screen can help you notice that the switches are programmed in « scenes » mode.