Now we have been waiting 3 months and still no performance mode!

• Hello friends,

it is unfortunately sad to say, that the expensive KPA equipment does not operate correctly.
    It's been 1 month after the last firmware update and still the performance mode and the software editor is not there!
    Bands have several live performances. To edit it, we do not want to press complicated many buttons!

For the money, at least the KPA editor should be possible!
    We really wait too long for announcements!
    Who has more examples? Please do not write more, because they're already in the forum! :D

We finally want a finished product, yes because we are just customers but kings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Isn't it?

panhandle

• Hello friends,

...not really, but in the computer age simplifications are announced just really important! You know this for sure!

I should not think about it! ;(

panhandle

• He should try waiting on Eleven Rack updates from Avid if he wants to see what waiting is really like.

Considering the newness of the Kemper, I think the responsiveness of the developer has been pretty positive. I don't have mine yet ( waiting on the FedEx truck today), but from reading these forums it seems like there is plenty of good things being worked on for future updates.

• When I look at the forum, every fourth or fifth thread nowadays seems to be one with complaining about missing functionality of the KPA.
    I don't understand this attitude, as I'm actually busy making serious music with my KPA, incl. rehearsals and gigs.
    There's nothing missing in the KPA's functionality today that could be considered a show stopper.
    Don't get me wrong: I, too, have my wishlist of things that I want to see in the KPA in the near future, and I already voiced my opinion.

It would be by far more productive and healthy for the spirit of the forum to make your points valid once or twice.
    Everything has been already said, (albeit not yet by everybody)....

• The Performance Mode is delayed due to shifted prioritiies.
    Most of the functionality can be covered by midi prg chg assignments.
    There is no other Product out there with Performance Mode, so we don't consider this to be the the most urgent feature.

I cannot remember to have announced an Editor.

CK

• The Performance Mode is delayed due to shifted prioritiies.
    Most of the functionality can be covered by midi prg chg assignments.
    There is no other Product out there with Performance Mode, so we don't consider this to be the the most urgent feature.

I cannot remember to have announced an Editor.

CK

CK, if the performance mode is no longer a "priority" can we ask what is the most "urgent" priorities for the unit?
    from you website;
    Yet to be finished:
    - Performance Mode
    - Undo/Redo
    - Selective Browse (Soon it will be directly browse through all cabs of all rigs. We call it Selective Browse, and it will also be available for amp, eq, stomps and effects. It will look the same as browsing through the local presets). Those funktions will soon be available by firmware update.

could you at least give us some realistic expectations for the future of the unit? please. :?:

Edited 2 times, last by larbear63 ().

• :cursing: Hey CK,

please do not be offended, prefer to think that the most expensive solutions will always have an editor!
    If we had an editor for your X( KPA amp, poor bands like we deserve money more quickly and have a better overview of what they are doing. (The whole day long! :whistling: )

Isn't it

• Not sure how you can achieve good feedback this way, mate.

The editor was never announced, it was more of a feature request from KPA users and even though it would be a "nice to have" feature, when you are working with with a sensible number of rigs it is not really necessary.

• Hello friends,

the Kemper amp is so great, so it fits a very very great editor!
    This is my very well-intentioned announcement!

• Hello,

I understand it takes lots of ressources to developp and editor.

Maybe C.Kemper will make this architecture more open and give partial information in order third parties can developp their own librarian / editor ( I think about the community / open source developpement model).

We need a least a simple driver to be able to mount the KPA as a virtual usb drive ( librarian & sync ) --> Option 1

We can even imagine a more complex driver with full access to internal parameters ( Editor ) --> Option 2

I'll be really happy with Option 1

• HI waraba,

this is the very first productive very sensible opinion!

See Mr. Kemper, sometimes these guys here have really good ideas!

We need your ampsomething to build for itself.

Give us an softwareinterface, we do the rest alone!

• Christoph, not to be rude as I am sure you have your hands full with this wonderful product, but you have to get us a way to manage these rigs. Its not an unreasonable request from us users. Several people have been wanting and needing a librarian/editor.I cant think of one modeler out there right now that does not have this capability. Why dont we have this yet?

• I can see why CK wouldn't do that. It would resolve in a lot of negativ feedback, since the editor would probably take its time to work properly, especially if its not from Kemper itsself. So people would blame Kemper that the editor isn't working, which they then obviously couldn't do a thing about.

I also think the Kemper is still a bit like new born baby, or lets say a really young infant. As pretty much every technology it needs its time to overcome "teething troubles" and get to its full potential. And in this critical time I think it's understandable that Kemper doesn't want it to get into contact with Windows/Mac yet, since that would open a whole world of new issues.

And last I think, pods didn't came with editors in the beginning, the axe needed a long time before there was an editor. So whats the hurry?
    It's been requested many times and I'm pretty sure it will come sooner or later.

• Hello friends,

What do you mean, sooner or later?
    You're not a professional?
    You buy something at the store or internet and you'll only get the 2/3.
    But you pay full. From now on you're own fault!
    Here is a place maybe you can do something about it!
    Think about it!

• You are right, up to a point it is your own fault. I don't buy a product without doing research first, not even a coffeemachine and especially not something worth 1450€. If in the process of research I find out, that there are some features missing, that I'd like to have, I balance them against the features I get. And if I think it's worth buying it, I do. If not, I don't. But if I do, I don't complain afterwards about the things I KNEW I woudln't have.
    Of course I would probably make some suggestions, even support the request of those features. But I'd not make someone else responsible for the choice I made.

I do agree with you that those things would/will be handy. I do not agree with you that you can't do professional work without them (which you haven't said so but indicated).

Please don't be offendet because I don't mean it that way! I'm all for criticism, constructive criticism that is. :)