Now we have been waiting 3 months and still no performance mode!

• I can see why CK wouldn't do that. It would resolve in a lot of negativ feedback, since the editor would probably take its time to work properly, especially if its not from Kemper itsself. So people would blame Kemper that the editor isn't working, which they then obviously couldn't do a thing about.

I also think the Kemper is still a bit like new born baby, or lets say a really young infant. As pretty much every technology it needs its time to overcome "teething troubles" and get to its full potential. And in this critical time I think it's understandable that Kemper doesn't want it to get into contact with Windows/Mac yet, since that would open a whole world of new issues.

And last I think, pods didn't came with editors in the beginning, the axe needed a long time before there was an editor. So whats the hurry?
    It's been requested many times and I'm pretty sure it will come sooner or later.

Well to be honest, the "hurry" is that it is incredibly tedious to try to organize files on the Kemper. The original pods didnt have them because there were only like 12 amps. Not much organization needed there. Axe Edit, though its been in beta, has been around for quite a long time. With so many profiles there needs to be away to quickly organize things. Im well aware there are in fact work arounds such as labeling, but that takes time as well. Especially if done on the Kemper itself. Not trying to be the squeaky wheel here, but most modern guitarists who have modelers have the ability to organize their presets. I want that ability as well. My rig count got up to over 900 rigs. Its cumbersome to try and delete one by one. The only logical way to do it is delete everything and re-import everything you want. Still takes too much time.

Maybe Im in the minority here. But Im completely frustrated that something has yet to be produced for rig management. I see the need for a floor board, but not an urgent need. I see a need for more effects, but not an urgent need. I do see an urgent need for some type of librarian/editor. Obviously if Im the only one who thinks that is an urgent need, then I am in the minority. And so be it, Ill wait. But I personally think this needs to be addressed in a timely manner. Its taken Elevenrack almost 3 years to get a stand alone editor. Still not available yet....but theres "talk" of it coming. One of the main reasons I left the 11r. So hopefully Kemper will address this. If not, so be it. Ill mange with or without it one way or another. Id just like the ease of being able to manage rigs quickly and effectively....................maybe the word urgent, is too strong of a word to use.

• With all due respect, the existence or non- existance of an editor has nothing to do with being professional or not.
    :whistling:
    The KPA in its current incarnation is totally capable of doing it all, including live work, in conjunction with a generic midi controller.
    Best advice for you would be to get rid of all the rigs that you only 'might play sometime' and only keep about 30 rigs you really have a use for in your daily musician live.
    Anything beyond that would be overkill and counterproductive anyway.
    Try it! :)

• Does your Kemper work.. yes.
    can you play guitar through it.. Yes.
    is it stable currently.. yes
    Can you record with it fully.. yes.
    Can you reamp with it.. Yes
    GIg with it.. yes

Basically you can use it fully, so why not happy?

I dont see how an editor will effect any of the above?
    CK did not mention its on his to-do-list. - sure I wont lie, will be nice to have of course, but its not a priority, certainly not!.

I'd rather get the functions that need addressing resolved first.. (the team knows this better than we do) - and we have to respect that!.

IF you dont like whats on it currently then why you buy it.. you could of easy waited like others seem to have done.

In time KPA will grow to all new dizzy heights, and when it does.. I'll be there, and I hope you all will still be too.

/end of thread!

• 100% with Doc and Andy. We all have known what we were buying, everything else is welcome but not due.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The Performance Mode is delayed due to shifted prioritiies.
    Most of the functionality can be covered by midi prg chg assignments.
    There is no other Product out there with Performance Mode, so we don't consider this to be the the most urgent feature.

I cannot remember to have announced an Editor.

CK

CK,

The problem with using midi prg chg assignments is that, w/o Midi pedal attached, you cannot browse and play through your "set list". After you manage to assign Midi Prg Chg to the rigs you want for your songs, there seems no other way to recall one of them than search back the rig (in a hundreds of rigs..). When I worked with my Midi pedal hooked up, KPA would somehow "forget" the assignment whenever I edit some stomps and store again, which drove almost crazy. This seems like a bug, but I didn't report it yet because I didn't have time to summarize the steps to cause the bug (midi assignment being forgotten).

I suppose Performance mode is a way to create a set list that i can browse through easily and rename/edit without increasing the number of Rigs... If so, it is really a necessary and high-priority feature. (But I understand if there's higher priority work, but would appreciate it if they are known to users)

Also, the more I get to know about how KPA works (stores, edit, search Rigs, Amps etc), I get to want the editor (librarian) the more. I think "itunes" type of Editor/Librarian would be the most wanted feature at this moment by me (in addition to others such booting time improvement, controller etc). I am pretty sure now that I am not alone.

I have a gig coming in 2 weeks, where I am asked to cover 20 songs from all different artist... I was initially very excited to use KPA but now i realized that it isn't a very practical idea to use it, at least at my first rehearsal, which is tomorrow. Given a song, I just have no idea how I can start searching for a "rig" that will best suit the song. I pulled out my trusty Zoom G3 (with Edit and Share program) and was done quickly. Both Performance mode and Editor/Librarian are really needed soon for KPA to become a versatile tool that matches its sound quality.

Jake

Edited 2 times, last by jakeykim ().

• We probably work in totally different ways but if I had so many rigs I would never know where to start, even with an editor.

Depending on how the editor is designed. I am sure CK can give us as cleverly designed Editor/Librarian as KPA is.

• I cannot remember to have announced an Editor.

CK

Maybe Im in the minority here. But Im completely frustrated that something has yet to be produced for rig management.

I too would like to see some improvements on Rig management same as Jeff5x0. And I guess/hope that CK's comment quoted above does not refer to improvements on rig management (browsing, deleting, naming etc. rigs) but that with editor he's referring to editor that you would use for changing rig parameters (EQ etc.). That to me is not needed as that I can do comfortably on the knobs of KPA.

For reasoning behind my hopes see CK's post linked below:

www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…1429&highlight=#post31429

• Im not even concerned in an editor per se. What I want is a rig manager. I can tweak on my Kemper just fine. Being able to do it on a computer would be cool, but not necessary as the controls on the KPA are very intuitive. Rig management is not. If I want to delete a rig I have to delete it on the USB stick AND the Kemper. Otherwise when I import new rigs, guess what gets imported? The rigs I didnt delete off of the USB stick that got deleted in my Kemper. Just way too cumbersome. Im down to 50 rigs now. But if I want to try out some new ones (who here can resist???) I have to go through the same dance. Download it, upload to usb, try it, delete it, delete it on the stick. Just too time consuming. Ever tried naming a rig on the Kemper? You'll get carpal tunnel lol. So name it on the cloud? Ok upload it, name it, re-import it, delete old profile from Kemper and USB stick.......see what Im saying? Id rather be playing guitar. With a computer GUI to manage things like deleting rigs, naming rigs, etc, life would be a whole lot simpler. I dont understand why there would be any disagreement with this. As this is now the standard with about any other modeler out there. Im not trying to complain, I love my Kemper and have no intentions of walking away from it. But am I 100% satisfied with it in all aspects? No Im not. And why wouldnt I want to improve a product that I love? Thats all Im saying. :thumbup:

• I see things a little differently.

If you go to the Kemper website to see if you want to purchase a KPA , and you even download the manuals,
    you read that you will have all that we have now, plus, the missing, "undo/redo, and Perform mode".
    Nothing is said about an editor or librarian, or missing effects.
    So I do not understand why these advertised features are not a high priority.

If Undo/Redo, and Perform mode were available now, I don't believe this uproar about an editor/librarian would be as widespread as
    it has become.
    I understand, and agree, why CK seems to prefer using a usb drive, as opposed to pc/mac direct connection.
    I think this "nips in the bud", a lot of potential problems with user misuse, and abuse, with a direct connection.
    I feel that the interface on the KPA itself, is easy enough to use, that the lack of an editor is in no way a deal breaker,
    and rig management would be much easier with the Perform mode enabled.
    Users here, have already figured out ways to organize their rigs, using things like Total Commander, and a blank backup file
    to load selected rigs.
    Add to this, the eventual proprietary foot controller (or controller of your choice, now),
    and this machine (when complete as advertised) is just fine!!!
    So, from my point of view, the Perform, and Undo/Redo features, could be seen as the highest priority, so as to complete
    this unit "as advertised".
    I fully acknowledge that we are in the early stages of development, with the KPA,
    and I am not implying that these missing features are either delinquent in their implementation, or need to appear tomorrow.
    Only that I disagree with them not being seen as a high priority, as stated by CK.
    I feel the primary obligation of kemper, is to, first, complete their product as they brilliantly designed it, and I think people would quickly see how important these two features are to the brilliance of the design.
    I personally love the idea of not being dependant on a pc/mac, to use my music gear,(except for downloading updates/rigs), and I
    think the Kemper team has achieved this with the KPA, when complete as designed.

As has been said here already, the main thing is
    this KPA delivers 100% in it's primary function. No one can contest that.

Thanks again Kemper.

Edited once, last by imall41 ().

• I am sure we will have, one day.
    But not having it for a while is not a showstopper, since we can still enjoy playing our guitars through the KPA and that's its main reason of existence. Outstanding functionality issues and goodies will come in due course, I am pretty certain.

Edited once, last by Stemast ().

• Well to be honest, the "hurry" is that it is incredibly tedious to try to organize files on the Kemper. The original pods didnt have them because there were only like 12 amps. Not much organization needed there. Axe Edit, though its been in beta, has been around for quite a long time. With so many profiles there needs to be away to quickly organize things. Im well aware there are in fact work arounds such as labeling, but that takes time as well. Especially if done on the Kemper itself. Not trying to be the squeaky wheel here, but most modern guitarists who have modelers have the ability to organize their presets. I want that ability as well. My rig count got up to over 900 rigs. Its cumbersome to try and delete one by one. The only logical way to do it is delete everything and re-import everything you want. Still takes too much time.

Maybe Im in the minority here. But Im completely frustrated that something has yet to be produced for rig management. I see the need for a floor board, but not an urgent need. I see a need for more effects, but not an urgent need. I do see an urgent need for some type of librarian/editor. Obviously if Im the only one who thinks that is an urgent need, then I am in the minority. And so be it, Ill wait. But I personally think this needs to be addressed in a timely manner. Its taken Elevenrack almost 3 years to get a stand alone editor. Still not available yet....but theres "talk" of it coming. One of the main reasons I left the 11r. So hopefully Kemper will address this. If not, so be it. Ill mange with or without it one way or another. Id just like the ease of being able to manage rigs quickly and effectively....................maybe the word urgent, is too strong of a word to use.

I believe it took Fractal several years to come out with Axe Edit and then it was
    "be†a" for quite awhile. THe Kemper has only been out for 4 or so months. lol I am sure they will get us an editor as soon as they can. It's not something you king knock out over a lunch break I'd imagine.

• it seems to me they have their priorities straight, Performance mode, Editor and any other stuff that might come in the future should really take a back seat to making the kpa 100% reliable for everyone, and sounding as good as it was designed to sound in the next firmware updates, and then worry about extra features and more effects etc.

• it seems to me they have their priorities straight, Performance mode, Editor and any other stuff that might come in the future should really take a back seat to making the kpa 100% reliable for everyone, and sounding as good as it was designed to sound in the next firmware updates, and then worry about extra features and more effects etc.

Well, the KPA has been around for a year or so, and for a unit like this, a editor should be one of their top priorities i think!
    When you can buy a cheap Zoom pedal that comes with a editor, and even has a audio interface....., it should be a matter of course!

When a company can make a product like this, it shouldn't be too much of a problem making a pc-editor,(just a simple one to begin with)
    although i think it should have been around by now,
    but i hope they will consider this soon, because it's very much needed! ;)

• i hope they will consider this soon, because it's very much needed

No disrespect to the way you feel. But just a thought here, which always crosses my mind when I read "editor": Isn't the KPA already really easy to edit via the buttons? It doen't have convoluted menues or an awkward workflow like some amp modellers of other companies. So, I cannot see how an editor will make things more easy?
    To me, this would seem a bit like having your favorite tube amp (with everything easily accesible from the front panel) and asking for an editor for it.

Again, no disrespect - just trying to understand what it is you guys are missing - I am all for progress and evolution of the KPA.
    E.g. Some sort of easily accesible rig management is something I am anxiously waiting for - with infos about the amp that was profiled, cabs, FX in the rig etc. Also, another thing I am looking forward to is the long announced easy interchangeability of cabs.

• just about 5 months

Correct.
    In my case 5 months with more than 20 live gigs, lots of rehearsals, countless inspired hours of playing (not tweaking!) at home. Without crashes, without any of the bs one can read in many posts here.
    No need for an editor or performance mode at my side.

I love my KPA as it is. 8)

• As said, KPA is around for about 5 months.
    Second, I would expect for a member with 6 posts to do some search on the forum discussions, before posting a long post and aquire a better understanding on the topic, what has been discussed and what's the company's point of view on the subject.
    Everybody is free to post anything he wishes of course, but it's not helpful to go through the same all over again, like an endless loop.

Edited once, last by Stemast ().