How to delete rigs on KEMPER? (solved)

• Hi from Wadmalaw Island, SC USA.

I just received a KEMPER PROFILING AMP, & am learning it.

Here is my question: How do you delete a rig off of the KEMPER AMP? I have some downloaded ones on the Kemper and some factory rigs on the Kemper that I do not want.

I am not into the thrashy metal stuff. Here is some of my music:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobbys-Music/190425831002930
    or
    http://www.reverbnation.com/bobbyguitarbotdeveaux

Overall, I am very happy with the Kemper Amp. I have had the KEMPER for 2 days & I have not had any lockups or glitches.

edited:
    I had pointed out ways that the KEMPER & Axe are different. As I have played the KEMPER more, I have grown to appreciate it for what it is. It sounds great & I am happy. The Axe has some more abilities, & I had to pay alot more for it in order to have those abilities.

FROSCHN: You were correct. I have learned to love the saving without numbering system!

Edited 7 times, last by BobbyD ().

• Welcome to the wonderful world of Kemper. I pretty much agree with all of your points. The tone and UI is what keeps me using the KPA. You have to admit that they are onto something with the profiling process. When you find a profile that works for your playing and your rig, I do not think that the tone can be beat by any other modeller. Hopefully many of the other items you mention will be cleaned up over time. Only time will tell. Good luck and welcome!

• The preset system on the Axe seems to be fast and right as long as you're used to it. Anybody is used to presetnumbers and certain preset locations.

Naming presets and having no number is strange at first...but in the long run you will see how great that is.

When you want to edit a preset and make some versions, you don't need to search for a free location anymore. Just name your new preset similar to the old one, like Marsha1, Marsha2,Marsha3..and so on. You can add and delete as many tries as you like, and you don't need to look where you can find unused presets to overwrite. When you want to try your different versions in the rehearse, they are all in a sequence, no need to remember where you put em.

You still want presetnumbers? Just add a number to the name like 010 Marsha1, 011 Marsha2, 012 Marsha3..and so on.

The KPA's UI is far better than it looks like, you just need some time to see everything and benefit of new ideas.

• Thanks for this little mini-review. It more or less confirms what I've gathered doing research. The Axe FX has always sounded very good to me (I'm listening to Adrain Belew use it right now on the Sweetwater sound Youtube channel) but it sounds "amp modeler." Even the face to face time I had with one was partially spent with the owner describing how he wasn't happy with the cabinet models and instead used impulses. It wasn't until my first time hearing a demo of the Kemper that I shed my skepticism. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly embrace guitar amp modeling but it has it's weaknesses as well as it's strengths. Anyway, the Kemper was the first thing I heard that made me think, "now that f'er sounds like an amp!" I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it!

• Thanks for this little mini-review. It more or less confirms what I've gathered doing research. The Axe FX has always sounded very good to me (I'm listening to Adrain Belew use it right now on the Sweetwater sound Youtube channel) but it sounds "amp modeler." Even the face to face time I had with one was partially spent with the owner describing how he wasn't happy with the cabinet models and instead used impulses. It wasn't until my first time hearing a demo of the Kemper that I shed my skepticism. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly embrace guitar amp modeling but it has it's weaknesses as well as it's strengths. Anyway, the Kemper was the first thing I heard that made me think, "now that f'er sounds like an amp!" I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it!

That was my reaction to the KPA as well. Loving mine. Still not blown away by modelers. Not that they don't work for lots of folks. They just lack something that the KPA captures. :) .

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().