7.5.2.18327 Public Beta. Solved

• Is there any difference between the Version which was only short online at Noon today

and the one which is released in the afternoon ?

Is it necessary to delete the one from noon and exchange it to the one from afternoon ?

Release Version Number is the same

• I installed 7.5.1 12528 when it was released the other day and checked one of my created rigs and it sounded fine. I later saw on the forum some had problems with the tone of their rigs so when todays beta was released I immediately tried to install it via RM, not USB stick. I got an error after the download and early on during the install process with the error popup offering RETRY or Contact Support. I retried and the error reoccurred.

I rebooted the hardware (KPA) and software (RM 3.0.131.16339), tried the "Check for software updates" again and it updated to 7.5.2 18327. My created rigs sound correct, as they did with the previous OS.

Will

Edited once, last by WillB ().

• The changelog that comes with every download holds the best information about what is being changed with each version. In this case extreme sound anomalies had been fixed that occurred with 5.7.1.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• holds the best information about what is being changed

I doubt. The information they give us are very, very sparse. Kemper should have a public list of error tickets, and they should tell in the changelog which of them were fixed. And what are new features. This is a politics I knew quite a long time with successful public domain software.

And with each new beta release of Kemper, people detect new errors, or that this fixes do no work in every condition. I got the impression they do quite a bit more code changes.

• Is there any difference between the Version which was only short online at Noon today

and the one which is released in the afternoon ?

Is it necessary to delete the one from noon and exchange it to the one from afternoon ?

Release Version Number is the same

No! I get the Noon 7.5.2 version on my Kemper and everything worked fine after the bad sounding results of the 7.5.1 I had a call with the support concerning this and some other items. They told me that they took the Noon version offline because the had to deal with the release number. If the release number is clear they decide which version they put online again. After the version was online again I forced the Rigmanager to search for updates. The result: my Kemper was up to date.

• Guys, the most important thing is a stable and working beta, after all. Seems that the latest beta is working really fine. But if you don't have a second or third Kemper (like me 8o) better do not risk to be the first who installs the newest beta software on a unit you have to rely on.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Hey guys, question, so my Kemper says my software version 3.0.131 is "up to date". I don't think I have my settings set up to auto download "Beta" versions. Is this the most current update until they release 7.5.2? or ??

Thanks!