3rd party multi effects with Kabinet?

• Has anybody tried a different/3rd party multi effects unit with a power amp and the Kemper Kabinet?

I am considering a backup unit... Zoom/Mooer/etc, but am wondering what they might sound like in a pinch with the Kabinet.

Anyone tried it? If so, what do/did you think?

• Anyone? Bueller?:)

Anybody tried Helix/AxeFX/Pod/Zoom/Mooer/etc?

Looking for a backup plan "just in case".

I have a backup speaker, and backup amp, but want to cover my butt if the worst happens.

• Well no, I haven’t tried it but when I first tried the Kab not using the imprints it sounded like crap, until I relished you have tick the Kemper Kone tab in the Master/output section which solved everything.

So one can only assume that the Kone needs the motherships dsp processing power even without the imprints and hence running say a helix or whatever would not prove ideal.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Report your findings, would be interested.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Well...

I dug my old Pod XT Live out.

Plugged it into the SD 700, and from there into Kabinet.

I can't believe I used to use this thing as my rig:D

I got a couple of usable tones out of it but that was it. Could I limp through the rest of a gig with it? I guess so, but I'd hate it.

Not all that much better through my Avatar 2x12 either so perhaps this is inconclusive.