Tone Junkie Mystery Amp

• I have to say this is the last profile pack I might be buying from TJ, it is all over the place, the amp sounds good, but the cabs with the different speakers are totally wrong, sounds too far away even for a 4x12, high end is too shrill in half of the profiles. I dont like it even after the F treatment, for me is a great idea done wrong. I had better luck with the twin reverb and ac30/6, but this was a very expensive pack which I have to change the cab section on any profile to be usable.

The answer is 42

• I have to say this is the last profile pack I might be buying from TJ, it is all over the place, the amp sounds good, but the cabs with the different speakers are totally wrong, sounds too far away even for a 4x12, high end is too shrill in half of the profiles. I dont like it even after the F treatment, for me is a great idea done wrong. I had better luck with the twin reverb and ac30/6, but this was a very expensive pack which I have to change the cab section on any profile to be usable.

Yeah they didn’t do it for me either, but that how it goes sometimes, I love TJ ‘s Twin Reverb and and California clean, a couple of others I have are ok, but before you abandon TJ you gotta check out the Marshall 2204 Dumble mod pack, clean to scream these may become my desert island profiles.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The latest Marshall pack should be better. The three free profiles I've tried are very good. The Purple 68 did not satisfy much.

I wanted to like these purple profiles as had the original, but yeah, didn't have the sound my half cooked brain remembers from my old one - but then maybe all the old amps would sound different anyway. This profile game is never cut and dried.

• Yeah they didn’t do it for me either, but that how it goes sometimes, I love TJ ‘s Twin Reverb and and California clean, a couple of others I have are ok, but before you abandon TJ you gotta check out the Marshall 2204 Dumble mod pack, clean to scream these may become my desert island profiles.

The demo profiles are good, but then again, I compare them to top jimi plexis and M Britt 2020 plexi, and I think they sound unfocused, my benchmark for plexi sounds is that MBritt plexi tone, it is rich as hell, the clean profile its an awesome platform. Might be all I need and responds well with the change of cabinets.

Might take the plunge to give the pack a try, dont know yet, sounds tempting, but maybe I dont kneed more plexi sounds. I would rather go the Steel string singer, but I feel the profiles sound flat trough my monitors. We will see.

The answer is 42

• I often find profiles that suit guitar A and are terrible or just uninspiring with guitar B. With Brit's and Bert's profiles the ratio of this low versatilty is smaller and the profiles just sound different because the guitars (and obviously the pups) are different. A bit of tweaking may make up for the difference, though I am a lazy guy at that and prefer to ignore those profiles that don't sound good as they are. With T Junkie's Fender or Vox profiles the compatiblity is higher than that of his Marshall profiles imho. Still, some Marshall profiles may sound great with this or that guitar. The free ones offered (thanks a lot, by the way) are usually pretty good, though the full pack may or may not always convince.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I often find profiles that suit guitar A and are terrible or just uninspiring with guitar B. With Brit's and Bert's profiles the ratio of this low versatilty is smaller and the profiles just sound different because the guitars (and obviously the pups) are different.

Same here. I love those profiles which typically work for most if not all of my different guitars. And those which work for live and studio use. Luckily there is more than a big handful in the stuff from those two you mentioned :thumbup:8)

• I just bought the Purple Plexi pack and I found this thread by searching to see if others were finding this pack severely lacking in the tone department like I do. It looks like I should have done my homework first!

I honestly thought that my Kemper or CLR was broken at first or that maybe I had somehow enabled some tone sucking global parameter by mistake until I loaded some other profiles that I know and love.

So far, I'm finding this pack very thin sounding and lacking balls. I haven't tried every profile yet and I'll definitely try some other cabs before I give up, but at this point I am very disappointed!

• I just bought the Purple Plexi pack and I found this thread by searching to see if others were finding this pack severely lacking in the tone department like I do. It looks like I should have done my homework first!

I honestly thought that my Kemper or CLR was broken at first or that maybe I had somehow enabled some tone sucking global parameter by mistake until I loaded some other profiles that I know and love.

So far, I'm finding this pack very thin sounding and lacking balls. I haven't tried every profile yet and I'll definitely try some other cabs before I give up, but at this point I am very disappointed!

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, these didn't do much for me either.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• In general this seems to happen in his offerings, at least to my ears. Low end not fitting a mix (too little or boomy), nasal mids, strange highs, muffled. May be my taste, but since about a year something is different. Coincidentally this coincides with whenhe moment he started to experiment with different mics...

• yes different mics thats the point

if he uses the fathead like in the last comet profile pack all is good

but when the fathead is not used the profiles aren't as good as with fathead

• yes different mics thats the point

if he uses the fathead like in the last comet profile pack all is good

but when the fathead is not used the profiles aren't as good as with fathead

Also the 545 is not doing it for me.

And for the record, I only have his C30 profilers in my kemper

• Version 2 of the Purple Plexi is out now: https://tonejunkiestore.com/pr…plexi-kemper-profile-pack

He claims:

“Compared to V1 you will noticed a much fuller low end that better captures the feel of the accompanying vintage 4x12 and a more airy high end“

I’ll check it out!8)

For those who bought V1 there is a free update to version 2

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• there is a big upgrade Logo over the new V2 offer

right on top of the site

you have to fill out the form and HW will sent the files

Thanks. I didn't realize that was for any kind of upgrade - should have read all of it!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• To HW, this time they got it right, the last version was very skewed on the lows and a lot of sibilant high end content. Thanks, now some of these profiles are some of the best plexis I have in my collection. Compliment my M Britt set pretty nicely.

The answer is 42