Kemper Kab with built in power amp???

• Hi guys, will Kemper eventually create a Kone Kab with built in power amp?
    Obviously the Kab that is out now is un-powered and I just bought a Kemper stage.
    Let's say in the event the answer is "no", what would be a great power amp to get for the Kone Kab?

Also seems that one could just buy the Kone speaker and drop those in a Marshall cabinet (or whatever) but a good power amp will still be needed.
    This would be a typical 101 solution to get the "amp-in-the-room" sound so playing in a garage/rehearsal room with a band and be heard over the drummer or in a bar/stage situation.

FRFR vs. Powered Active PA speakers vs ????
    What does a guy do? lol lot's of choices.

At least the easy choice was getting a Kemper over all the competition. :)

• AWESOME... That would be worth the wait I could only imagine.
    thank you

No worries mate.

If they put an Icepower module in there like the powered Kemper has it'll be great.

I have a Kabinet and a Seymour Duncan SD700 (also Icepower) and it is killer. I bet you'd love it.

• No worries mate.

If they put an Icepower module in there like the powered Kemper has it'll be great.

I have a Kabinet and a Seymour Duncan SD700 (also Icepower) and it is killer. I bet you'd love it.

Hi, I had looked Seymour's line of PowerStage amps, would the 170 or 200 be enough or going all the way to the 700 be wiser?

• the ice power amps are surprisingly simple to install in the Kemper Kabinet

Hi whippinpost91850, is this something you have done yourself as far as modifying a cabinet with one of these ice amps or is this what Kemper holds in the future for their Kab? I'm new to all of this so yeah, my questions start at square one unfortunately lol

*btw I looked up https://icepower.dk/...
    Which series of products were you guys referring to, they have a lot to look at.

Edited once, last by halipino ().

• I'm not so sure I'd wait if I were you, it could be some time.

I think the way forward is to purchase a power amp as I reckon the cost of a powered Kabinet is gonna be significantly higher than the current one.

The Kabinet and Kone are awesome and make the KPA twice as good in my opinion so by waiting you're missing out.

Some on here are modifying their Kab's and fitting an internal power amp which I think is brilliant.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I'm not so sure I'd wait if I were you, it could be some time.

I think the way forward is to purchase a power amp as I reckon the cost of a powered Kabinet is gonna be significantly higher than the current one.

The Kabinet and Kone are awesome and make the KPA twice as good in my opinion so by waiting you're missing out.

Some on here are modifying their Kab's and fitting an internal power amp which I think is brilliant.

Hi Crookster, yes that does seem like smart idea. is the Kemper Kab an ultimate solution in of itself? I have lots of old Marshall 4x12 and Fender twin Cabs in storage, would loading say a Fender twin 2x12 cab with the Kemper Kone's be just as viable? Then there is the battle of closed vs. open cabs to consider.

• the ice power amps are surprisingly simple to install in the Kemper Kabinet

I've been toying with putting one in the back of my Toaster.

It fits in the Kabinet, you say? Hmmmm........ Which model? And, as used to be said on message boards "pics, or it didn't happen." :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes, if you primarily use Rigs for amps that are typically used with "open back" cabinets, a Twin-sized open back cabinet would likely be a great solution.

hI paults, Thank you. I also have an old early 80's Marshall 2x12 cab (closed back) would the Twin cab still be better or is this now just down to preference? Being brand new to Kemper Land I would not even be close to guessing which would work best in this domain. With a regular Marshall head I suppose I like the closed back cab more being that is what I've always used (4x12 & 2x12), The Fender cabs I just happened to find along the way but never loaded them up with any speakers.

• Hi halipino, I would go for the twin first as it’s only two speakers. Having said that it depends on what type of profiles you’re using. I use an open back and tend to not play high gain.
    if you’re good at modifying a cab then building an internal amp into one is a good idea, if not then external amps are so easy to set up. I use a Ritter amp in the back of my toaster which is excellent, Tilman from Ritter also has amps to sit alongside the Stage.

There are plenty of external amp discussions on this forum to get advice from.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Hi halipino, I would go for the twin first as it’s only two speakers. Having said that it depends on what type of profiles you’re using. I use an open back and tend to not play high gain.
    if you’re good at modifying a cab then building an internal amp into one is a good idea, if not then external amps are so easy to set up. I use a Ritter amp in the back of my toaster which is excellent, Tilman from Ritter also has amps to sit alongside the Stage.

There are plenty of external amp discussions on this forum to get advice from.

Thx Crookster, much investigation shall be needed to do this correctly. Man seems like a lot of options. Can't be all that hard to build a little shelf inside the box and cut/drill a few holes? Then again... lol I'd botch it up hahaha

• Do those Mission Engineering Gemini 2 cabs live up to the hype or still worth getting Kemper Kab setup? I will need to be able to cut over an acoustic drum set which means pretty damn loud.. lol

• Do those Mission Engineering Gemini 2 cabs live up to the hype or still worth getting Kemper Kab setup? I will need to be able to cut over an acoustic drum set which means pretty damn loud.. lol

I know a guy who has gigged the Gemini lots with no volume issues.

I had my first practice on Monday with the Kabinet, and as long as you have the right amp it will keep up with anything.